Number of calories you intake?

Options
I was wondering what number of calories you all take in and if its making you lose weight. I almost always go over and I have lost some weight, but then I gain some of it back so I really don't know how much I should be eating. Are any of you not losing anything and still eating less?

Thanks,

Ashley

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    What is your height, weight, age? How do you spend most of your time each day? Do you work? Go to school? Mom? What is your workout schedule like? Do you exercise?

It won't help you to tell you how much I eat.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

But as mrsbigmack said that means almost nothing out of context.

Work out your BMR and TDEE. Eat in between those numbers.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    You just need to pick a number you think is close. Either use the goal wizard here or elsewhere, or use an average of a few of them.

Then log all your food and drink for a month. See what happens to your weight. Adjust your plan accordingly.

Without good data, there is no science.

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    5' 2 and 44 yrs old

I eat between 1700-1900 calories, on rest day (Sunday) I do between 1600-1700 calories.

Exercises: weight lifting and walking (5 miles a day)

See ticker below.
  • ashley8156
    ashley8156 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What is your height, weight, age? How do you spend most of your time each day? Do you work? Go to school? Mom? What is your workout schedule like? Do you exercise?

It won't help you to tell you how much I eat.

5'4, 119, 20
    I spend most of my day sedentary, sometimes walk (I go to a university). I workout three times a week and lift weights for a very short period of time due to time, etc.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    So based on this: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Your BMR is around 1370 calories/day
    Your TDEE based on 1-3 hours a week of light exercise is estimated at 1890 calories daily on average
    Your TDEE based on 3-5 hours a week of moderate exercise is estimated at 2130 calories daily on average

So if you're somewhere between those and your TDEE is about 2000 calories daily. I recommend you eat about 1800 calories every single day of the week and make sure you're using your gym time wisely - try weights NROL4W or Stronglifts.

Your weight is fine for your height. I suspect you want body recomposition.
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    Tdee -15%
    Yes losing and shaping!
    IIFYM.COM