Stuck at 150lb...!

Options
Help guys! :P

I go the gym around once to do some cardio....i used to go 3 times but got too tired from work. I'm starting to go again hopefully 3 times a week again. However I havn't eaten bad really i eat healthy nuts, fruit, i even went as far to stop eating stuff with high carbs. No more crisps ect....instead i eat blueberrys ect. I've been stuck at 150lb for a couple of month now and can't shift the weight. I may have lost a little in inches but not much. My stomach felt as though it was going flatter but it's still flabby lol! Any help guys? Your the experts :D I have some good news though I havn't gained weight and i've maintained really well!

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Have you tried introducing some weight training?

I had the same problem. Started to lift... Boom, weight started SLOWLY coming back off.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how many cals do you net per day?

do you weigh and measure everything you eat?
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If you are stuck you will probably have to play around with your daily calories or do more exercise. If you haven't lost in a couple months it means you are now eating at maintenance and no longer have a deficit to lose.
  • VonTinka
    VonTinka Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ok i'll start having to count what i eat again. :P I don't really touch anything bad anymore, i always watch what i'm eating. I'll try weight lifting i'm just too shy as the gym is male dominated in the weights area :(
  • JosephRagu
    Options
    .......the problem is that you're eating horribly and not dedicating to the gym. Just going once per week to refill the "good emotion" meter isn't going to get you skinny.

You have to do at least 30 mins of light to moderate cardio EVERY DAY. You have the time. How much time do you spend on your phone checking Facebook twitter? Exactly.

Go for a 30 min walk or use the bike at the gym.
  • mcibty
    Options
    Ok i'll start having to count what i eat again. :P I don't really touch anything bad anymore, i always watch what i'm eating. I'll try weight lifting i'm just too shy as the gym is male dominated in the weights area :(

I don't lift at the gym, I lift at home. I started small and started lifting heavy. Get some dumb bells and have a play around.
  • mcibty
    Options
    .......the problem is that you're eating horribly and not dedicating to the gym. Just going once per week to refill the "good emotion" meter isn't going to get you skinny.

You have to do at least 30 mins of light to moderate cardio EVERY DAY. You have the time. How much time do you spend on your phone checking Facebook twitter? Exactly.

Wow, pretty harsh for a first post, but with some valid points. OP said she's cut out the junk. I agree that once a week cardio isn't enough, but I stick by my advice of the weight training.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

you can eat as 'clean' as you like, but if you're not in a deficit, you're not going to lose weight.
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options

Although you make valid points, as in everyone can squeeze in some exercise every day if they put their mind to it - you really have a horrible way of giving advice.

You come accross as very rude - take some time to work on how you approach people who are asking for help and advice.

Dont act like you know the OP and her attitude.
  • VonTinka
    Options
    The issue i struggle getting to the gym much latley is i have to do overtime in work as i'm a full time worker :( I also feel really tired sometimes. As I said though i'm going to put up the gym again and go more. I walk everyday to work too it's a big walk there and back I even sometimes go out on my dinner :) I'm always eating around 1400 calories to 1500 calories a day sometimes less i'll admit but i'm critical of what i eat haha.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    The issue i struggle getting to the gym much latley is i have to do overtime in work as i'm a full time worker :( I also feel really tired sometimes. As I said though i'm going to put up the gym again and go more. I walk everyday to work too it's a big walk there and back I even sometimes go out on my dinner :) I'm always eating around 1400 calories to 1500 calories a day sometimes less i'll admit but i'm critical of what i eat haha.

It's not so much what as it is how much. If you like the clean approach, kudos to you. If that helps you meet your goals, that's wonderful. However, I do not eat clean and still lose weight. I eat nutrient dense foods and still squeeze in some ice cream or fast food into my daily budget. If you aren't logging accurately, it will add up. There's only so much exercise can do for you.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

my gym is male dominated in the weight area too...but I still go in there. As much as I hear here in the forums about guys being complete JERKS to women who dare to set foot in "thier" area, I have never seen it.

I weight train pretty much every week day at the SAME time. I noticed a month or so ago that there was almost never anyone else in the power rack when I needed it. My old trainer says everyone is intimidated by my awesomeness :heart: So yesterday I go in, and apparently this guy hadn't gotten the memo that I use the rack 845a-915a on Wednesdays and he is doing shrugs in it. I walk over and ask him how much longer he thinks he might be, and he says about 30 min. I told him I'd be on the track, and could he let me know when he was done ( the track is right next to the rack)...when he asks what I was going to do in the rack. When I said squats, he offered to shrug from the floor, AND even unracked the plates on the bar and reset it for me! Such a sweet kid!

[flash=http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=137818]width="400" height="300" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=b0440a5160&photo_id=10903324456" bgcolor="#000000" allowFullScreen="true"[/flash]

hire a trainer for a session or two to get you comfortable in the area, then walk in there with your head high, and LIFT. I eat pretty much whatever I want ( I feel a little guilty that I don't bother counting calories anymore), have lost a whole 6lbs in the last year, but my body has changed in awesome ways.

the picture on the left is a year ago, the picture on the right is about 2 weeks ago.
    11099489163_a176cdc50d.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • VonTinka
    Options
    Oh wow those are amazing results! It's crazy how you can loose inches but not weight. I thought this may be happening to me as my stomach felt flatter but i've just stayed the same. I've lost around 9 inches of my hips and about 4 of my waist so far :) But thats stopped now haha! I got courage and asked on the facebook page for my gym if they could help me with lifting heavy for women and if it's possible to book appointments ect! :) This could be the thing I need...really want to slim out my legs and waist! :(
  • Bikerchickmomma
    Bikerchickmomma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am pretty much in that same place. I usually eat healthy during the week but relax my discipline on the weekends. That's a fine plan to maintain current weight, but if I (or you) want to lose weight, a person has to be careful on the weekends. Try to log in some "good" weekends.

I also found that if the scale is not moving, adding intervals to your exercise routine really does help. Try to do 2-3 sessions of about 20-30 minutes per week. What worked for me is 30 seconds of really fast reps (I do these on a spin bike) and 30 seconds of recovery. You can add intervals to almost any type of exercise.

Good luck. I hope you get the scale moving again.
  • VonTinka
    Options
    Maybe thats my problem. I tend to have 1 day off on a weekend...i still eat healthy but have a 1 bigger meal. I tend to not drink much though i think thats another issue...i'm not a water fan i prefer juice but sugar free obviously! :D
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Oh wow those are amazing results! It's crazy how you can loose inches but not weight. I thought this may be happening to me as my stomach felt flatter but i've just stayed the same. I've lost around 9 inches of my hips and about 4 of my waist so far :) But thats stopped now haha! I got courage and asked on the facebook page for my gym if they could help me with lifting heavy for women and if it's possible to book appointments ect! :) This could be the thing I need...really want to slim out my legs and waist! :(

my legs haven't gotten much smaller, but they are SOLID. This was taken about 2 weeks ago.

10861448183_785538b1a7.jpg
    #yesisquat # musclemama by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

I still have a spare tire around my waist, but I can see the tightness coming down my ribcage. A few months ago I actually started being able to see my ribs on one side.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat. It matters how much you eat. You're probably eating too much.
  • VonTinka
    Options
    Yeh i don't tend to eat food that i do myself i have bags of veg (the steam ones) with some scrambled egg for my tea and stuff like that i don't have any chips or stuff that i need to weigh or anything as i don't get 5 mins to cook :P My boyfriend claims i don't eat enough...but you never know.