Flat bread pizza is so good

Options
Just wanted to say that for you out there that are still fighting that pizza craving, you have to try this out. Its is a meal we have at my house atleast once a week. I love it and even the kids love it. They actually prefer it over any frozen pizza, and you get a lot of food for not a lot of calories. Pizza was the number one thing I missed when I started this journey but since I learned about this I dont have that problem anymore. Now actually when I think pizza this is what I think about. Give it a try you will not be sorry.

Replies

• Utahbeth
    Options
    Sounds like exactly what I'm craving right now. Can you link a recipe?
  • steppann
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=147890

Ingredients
    1 ea. Flat Out Wrap (any flavor)
    1/4 c. Tomato Sauce w/Basil , Oregano & Garlic
    1/2c. Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    Any pizza toppings you choose

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put 1 Flat Out Wrap on a cookie sheet and bake it for 7 mins. Remove from oven and spread the sauce and cheese on it. You can add any veggies, pepperoni, or whatever else you prefer, but be sure to add the nutritional information for those items! I listed this as a cheeze pizza only because everyone's topping preferences differ!
    Once you get it "built", bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

You get the whole thing all to yourself! :-)

I like my crust a little crispy so I cook it the first 7 mins. on the rack with no cookie sheet.
  • navy4you2
    navy4you2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    how many calories is it???
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Sounds great !! Bump for later!! Woo Hoo and thanks!!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    I have really been craving pizza! The sodium is pretty high, but it might be worth it!!! ;) Thanks for sharing.
  • steppann
    Options
    The one I ate tonight was 298 calories, 20 carbs, 16 fat, 28 protein, 1 sugar and 1120 on the sodium.

I had skim mozzerella, onions, red and green peppers, turkey pepperoni, and cut up 1 slice of Oscar Mayer turkey breast.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The one I ate tonight was 298 calories, 20 carbs, 16 fat, 28 protein, 1 sugar and 1120 on the sodium.

I had skim mozzerella, onions, red and green peppers, turkey pepperoni, and cut up 1 slice of Oscar Mayer turkey breast.

wow i make like the exact same pizza you do!! i use the healthy grain flat out, but i've also tried the light italian style which doesn't get quite as crispy. oh, and i sprinkle extra italian seasoning over the cheese!! yummmmm
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I love using flat out wraps for pizza. :) I use the light italian kind (because it actually tastes like pizza crust), 1/4 cup of ragu pizza sauce, and 1/2 cup of part-skim mozzarella shredded cheese. 280 calories, 13 grams of fat for the entire thing. That's the same amount in a single slice of pizza from any other pizza takeout restaurant.
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i just had this for dinner tonight and it was sooooo yummy! i added pasta sauce (low sodium), cheese, onions and shredded chicken. i baked the flat out first and then added everything else and baked again. i followed the recipe a few posts above. so good and delicious. might try a bbq one next time? also, thought about making nachos with the flat outs. i know not healthy but if i add a little cheese, bake and then dip into salsa it shouldn't be too bad. thanks for the recipe!
  • myranda2888
    myranda2888 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think this is what I'm going to make tonight. I've been craving pizza for a while, but keep putting it off because of the calories but this is def. worth a try:D
  • jrogersj
    jrogersj Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump!!!!
  • mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    wow these sound really good! Thanks for the idea!
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ooh, bump for later! :smile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Edit: One thing I really like about using Spark ppl recipe website (besides that they have a zillion recipes and it's nicely organized by categories) is all the comments users leave with different ideas Always fun to read change ups ppl try out and share. :drinker:
  • flynabster
    Options
    OMG!!! I just made this....didn't have anything on it but a little cheese....
    Crunchy crust!!! you have to try this.....
    I will definitely be making this again....soon!!!
  • patsaffo
    Options
    I do the same thing, and sometimes just spread a wedge of the Laughing Cow Lite cheese on the Flat Out to save calories, then 1/4 cup Ragu Pizza Sauce (only 25 cals) and then whatever - 4 oz of 96/4 lean ground beef is only 130 cals, then mushrooms, or black olives, or onions, or other things. It is really filling, and full of protein. The FLat Out itself has 9 gr of protein.
  • jrogersj
    jrogersj Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I will tell you, I used a wheat tortilla shell, and put sauce, fat free cheese, turkey pepperoni, green pepper, mushrooms, olives, and onions on mine! Baked it at 350 and OMGOODNESS, heaven in my mouth for a low amount of calories!!!!! I never thought there could be a low calorie pizza! I know it is amazing!!!!!!! I will admit I was aprehensive at first!