Anxiety and low fat diet

Options
I went to the doctor today. I mentioned to him that I had been experiencing my chest feeling heavy and tight sometimes, anxiety. He said he could give me a mild antidepressent but I don't want to take medicine and I asked him what I could do naturally besides exercise because most days I do at least an hour. He said a low fat diet, about 20 grams of fat. Yikes!!! What can I eat besides egg whites and fish to get enough protien to keep building muscle? I would have asked him but didn't realize what a small amount 20 grams was, I was thinking 20 % when he said it!!!

Replies

• ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Well that's funny. I'm on a low fat diet (about 30 grams) and I feel way more anxious now than ever....doubt it's the fat though ;) I rely a lot on the 99% fat free chicken and turkey breasts, beans, fat-free soy milk, tuna, etc. It takes a little retraining but it can be done. I'm to the point that I am intentionally using fatty dressings to keep my fat intake up around 30.
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ok,
    rethink the fat. Yes...salmon and other fatty fish are awesome! But dont forget veggie fat. So you got avacado's, coconut oil, olive oil,sesame seed oil, macadamian nut oil, etc. You are putting the right kind of fats into your diet ;-} Hope this helps ;-]
    jac
  • jillbedford
    Options
    For me, I feel tight in my chest and nervous when I drink Muscle Milk.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't tell you that when I was on Xanax I lost about ten pounds. It made a huge difference in how I functioned from day to day and I slept a lot better. I'm not trying to push you into medication, but there are times when we need a little more help than diet can do.