Options
    5'8" 128 pounds
    waist: 26 in
    belly: 33 in
    tumblr_mwop7yB3in1rucbymo1_400.jpg

*when i gain it goes to my stomach and thighs
  • blueberrybelle21
    Options
    I am 5'9, and my waist was about 26 inches last time I checked. However, I am an hourglass shape and most of my weight goes to my thighs.
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Maybe I can relate. I am 5'8 and I also gain mostly around my midsection. At 170, I measured 38" around the belly button. Haven't taken pics in a few months, but I am currently ~150lbs and measure 34.5" around the navel. Working on these last few pounds and tightening up. My love handles are being incredibly stubborn, lol.

Pics for reference:

Close to my highest weight of 200; Approx 170lbs here
    15g46zm.jpg2n8x30w.jpg

Here at approx 160lb and 37" around navel; And a few months later in bikini at 155lbs.
    2hi4ef8.jpg20tp8gw.jpg
  • daniellerusbult1
    Options
    You guys are all so great! Thank you!! I am really getting a perspective on where I will need to be. I understand that I just have to work out and eat right and I will eventually get to where I should be, but I am a planner :) I like to plan things out, to look to the future and day dream about where I may be in two or three months :)

And kudos to you^^ travlinjess! You look fantastic!! And it sounds like your measurements are identical to mine! I am very excited to see that!
  • julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    5 ;9 started at 180, now I am at 147. Waist is 26.5 and hips are 36.5. I usually wear a size 6-7
  • daniellerusbult1
    Options
    Is that "waist" size at your true waist or your navel?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I weigh 165. No idea what my measurements are because I'm not the one who tracks my data.
    Everyone will have much different results based on how much lean mass they have. Here's a picture of me.
    IMG_20130803_135317_zps3ef17f41.jpg

^^^ Very true about the "lean mass". I have very LOW "lean body mass" for my height (had a DXA-scan on October 31, 2013....) and therefore, my bodyfat% remains relatively "high" given the shape I have.

boooooooooooooo
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Maybe I can relate. I am 5'8 and I also gain mostly around my midsection. At 170, I measured 38" around the belly button. Haven't taken pics in a few months, but I am currently ~150lbs and measure 34.5" around the navel. Working on these last few pounds and tightening up. My love handles are being incredibly stubborn, lol.

Pics for reference:

Close to my highest weight of 200; Approx 170lbs here
    15g46zm.jpg2n8x30w.jpg

Here at approx 160lb and 37" around navel; And a few months later in bikini at 155lbs.
    2hi4ef8.jpg20tp8gw.jpg
    you have such a pretty body!
  • julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Is that "waist" size at your true waist or your navel?
    . That would be the smallest part of my waist... Around an inch above belly button
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    why not...transformation pic for Friday :) Left is about 105 kg and a size 18 (NZ) Right is about 77kg and a size 12 (NZ) Waist on the right is about 34, it's around 32 now (pic is a few weeks old.

2vud11h.png
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    5'8" 140 lbs (ish, in maintenance but fluctuate 5 lbs or so)

True waist 27.5 inches
    I'm pear shape and bust = 33/34; hip =37/38
  • nataliejulie
    Options
    I am currently 154lbs, down from 175lbs. I ballooned up because of medication (steroids) and hospitalization. Anyway, I've lost 5" off of my waist so far.

My waist is at 30", hips at 36".

hcyML5A.jpg
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 133lbs

waist is 26 (why would we measure navel, again? this is the measurement I need for clothing)
    hips 36.5
    bust 34

I never paid much attention to weight/measurement proportion but I did have a size goal. I'm an athlete and I'm surprised at how much I weigh compared to what size I wear now. When I was 19, I weighed 110, and wore a zero. I'm 45 now and wear a 2 at 23lbs heavier. I'm assuming the difference is muscle weight, but I don't know. Anyway, there are so many things to take into consideration when deciding what's a healthy size for yourself. If you can have one of those comprehensive analysis of your body fat composition done, I recommend it. I think it could be a real eye opener, and help you adjust your goals to something just right for you.
  • daniellerusbult1
    Options
    I am an apple shape, so my navel is the widest part where all of my fat all lies. My true waist doesn't gain or lose or than an inch or two.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I am an apple shape, so my navel is the widest part where all of my fat all lies. My true waist doesn't gain or lose or than an inch or two.

Yeah, I'm the same. My "waist" (smallest part) doesn't change much, but go down a few inches to the "naval" (belly button) and there's a lot more variation.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i am not 5'8 but i know this amazing 5'8 girl.. her mfp name is sharee10.. do check her out.. she have lost 118 pounds and she is soo helpful :) her tumblr blog is funeralformyfat.. this blog is sssoo amazing.. you'll get whatever you want from this blog :)
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    In to read more closely later. :smile:
    Great thread.
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be 130-135.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    People are all different....eat right, exercise, be healthy, lose a few pounds until you are happy with your body, regardless of what a scale or measuring tape says.

^
    This

Also, I just want to add, if you are apple shaped, and tend to gain weight first around your midsection, you will tend to lose it there last. Wherever you gain first, is where you lose last, for me that is my thighs. That's the part of me that gains first if I start gaining, and the last part to lose when I'm losing.

So it is possible that your waist will shrink much more quickly the closer you get to your goal.

Now, I know that this doesn't actually reduce fat in the midsection, but a good core workout routine, one that works your abs, back, obliques, etc. will tone the muscles in that area which can give you a leaner appearance because it acts like a built in girdle.
  • daniellerusbult1
    Options
    Thank you for the tips! I am actually quite knowledgeable when it comes to workouts, ESPECIALLY core workouts! I have a love/hate relationship with the TRX straps :) My core is still pretty weak, as I shake and shake on the TRX, but I can feel it getting stronger.

And no, while we cannot spot reduce, if we work our core and ab muscles, they will, in turn, burn more fat around them, as do any muscles that are being worked.

My routines involve cardio, strength training, resistance training and core training.

I do understand that everyone is different, which I have said many times. I just really have never been fit and trim... just trim LOL. So I'm looking to see what different body shapes look like! That's what this thread was intended for :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!