What was YOUR worst binge story???

Options
Binge free for 6 days, hoping to keep this up! It's my birthday and thanksgiving so allowing myself a couple extra cals, but not going to binge. Also not going to eat anything I don't like just to eat it, so probably will just mainly eat the turkey, sweet potatoes, and the raw vegan birthday cake, and whatever else looks good.

I'm just curious, what are YOUR worst binge stories?

1. When I was in high school, I made a birthday cake for my best friend who ended up not showing up because she was sick. It was a carrot cake with chocolate frosting (2 layers). Instead of taking it home or dropping it off at her house, I went into the teachers lounge and ate 90% of the ENTIRE cake by myself. I just kept going at it one slice at a time and felt sooo sick by the end. My government teacher even walked in twice, and I think he knew what I was upto because he saw the almost empty cake plate afterwards, but he held the door open for me when I brought it in. That was so ridiculous, still cannot believe I did that.

2. I tend to binge before special events/parties also, and its probably the worst type of binge (and #3 also). Before prom, I remember bingeing on a bunch of american cheese sandwiches, 2-3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, tons of chocolate, and diet coke. This was around 3-4,000 calories, not to mention I'm allergic to gluten -_-. My dress was already too tight (it was a size 7/8 mermaid dress, and I was around 140 pounds that time). The next day, I was so bloated and trying everything to get rid of the water weight around my face. I tried laxatives, tried the face masks, drinking gallons of water. I looked like a sausage in my prom dress, which is why I put those prom photos away and untagged myself on fb photos. I was miserable for majority of the night because almost couldn't breathe and my butt was sticking out and poking everyone/everything during the party.

3. Once on my way back from school, I picked up a pint of ben and jerry's, a package of dates, and del taco milkshake + 2/3 tacos. I came home (knew noone was home) and spread everything out on the kitchen counter along with some eggs + cheese I made, and some oatmeal with tons of peanut butter and maple syrup. I also took out a package of frozen cookie dough and started warming it up in the microwave for a giant cookie. I started devouring it (was done with the milkshake, tacos, eggs, and oatmeal, heading for the ice cream and cookies, I hear the door open!!! My cousin was in the guest room the ENTIRE time. He walked into the kitchen for some water and I was SO embarassed. I just acted shocked and started pulling more things out of the fridge to make it look like I was cooking, but I wasn't fooling him. I could tell he knew. (He's like 10 years older than me too, so not even like I could just laugh it off and make up a story)

4. Three years ago I stayed home from trick or treating because I was scared I was going to eat all the candy and ruin my "diet". I was home alone "studying", and ended up eating a whole bag of snickers and 1/2 bag of hershey's special dark that was supposed to be for the trick or treaters. I just eventually stopped answering the door because had run out and was so embarassed. Such an epic fail -_-

5. I once drove to mcdonalds and had some pumpkin pie, english muffin, and a sausage biscuit for breakfast on top of my oatmeal. I couldn't finish the muffin, but drove to del taco right afterwards and had two burritos and a milkshake (finished them all). Then I came home and had a whole 100gram chocolate bar (the sugary kind) and ate an entire package of greek yogurt with peanut butter and chocolate mixed in (this was the giant 4 serving fage one). That day I finished the entire jar of peanut butter.

6. I once ate my roommates peanut m and m's (the giant two pound bag), I must have ate 2 cups of them, plus her chocolate chip trail mix, and her cinnamon pita chips. Then I ordered fried chicken w/ ranch and had two cans of soda with it. (I'm estimating atleast 4,000 cals). She ended up texting me that she wasn't going home, but staying the night and leaving the next day instead. I had to RUN to cvs to pick up the food I ate so she wouldn't find out. :(

7. I once got asked out by a really nice guy (who was actually really cute) and I was getting ready to go out when I binged on chocolate cake and all the desserts I had saved that were supposed to be for him. It was like 2 slices of chocolate cake, 2/3 pumpkin muffins, and a giant 2,000 calories serving of tiramisu. I had to text him that I was feeling "sick" but had to try really hard to not get him to come over and make tea for me. He was so nice, and I was so stupid -_-.

8. I ate my little sister's red velvet birthday cake the night before her birthday. Thankfully she didn't know about it, but I had to bake another one at like 2am in the morning and had to explain to my family that the other one sitting in the fridge was "gross" and I had forgotten to add the sugar so I had to throw it away.

9. I once slept over at my cousins house and raided his pantry at like 6am in the morning and ate the entire box of truffles, plus a couple pbj sandwiches, some peanut butter pretzels, and a LOT of biscotti. He thought it was the rest of the family that ate everything, so got saved that day. :O

Most of these stories are from the beginning of my journey when I was around 150ish pounds. When I cut out the gluten (I was getting sick of it anyway), and eating healthier, my binge foods got a little healthier. I also didn't post any of my bulimic experiences, but if anyone actually finds these ones interesting/relatable, I'll add some more. If anyone ever feels like bingeing or is going through the same thing, please message me and I'd love to talk or help if I can.

P.s. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sugaspice <3

Replies

• tyleeloo30
    Options
    wow! You sound a lot like me, lol. I also have a gluten sensitivity and I often end up bingeing after eating really well for about 4 days. I recently just binged the past two days, and I am sooo sick of the cycle repeating over and over again... and then having to starve myself for the next couple of days so I dont gain a pound. I'm going to send you a request because I definitely think we can help eachother stay binge free :) Have a great thanksgiving and thanks for sharing!
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    Aww, well I'm here for you! :) Thanks for the request and def agree with the gluten allergy! It just feels 10x worse the next day because feel sick and bloated from the allergy on top of all sugar/salt effects. I gained 7 pounds from bingeing (not water weight, actual "fat") and had to cut daily calories like you mentioned to get back to normal weight (and I'm still around 3 pounds over).
  • tyleeloo30
    Options
    Thanks :) I'm really trying to stop the cycle and eat healthy. I find that eating one sweet food sends me into a crazy binge. Or if I'm really hungry. So I'm trying to avoid trigger foods and to remain properly nourished. And yes, I have side effects like bloating and puffy cheeks and puffy lips, etc. afterwards as well, and it feels AWFUL.
  • tyleeloo30
    Options
    Btw, aren't those huge bags of peanut m&m's just the best? lol
  • Semt3x
    Semt3x Posts: 23
    Options
    Since I shifted a ton of weight I've never binged that much of note,

However, I'm going to Las Vegas for Christmas (im from uk)

So I expect to be posting in here in the new year lol
  • Semt3x
    Semt3x Posts: 23
    Options
    Double post whoops
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Last Holidays really. I remember a day with probably 10 servings of cheese, half a baguette, 3 huge pieces of pie, and that was just snacks. That's the worst I've done though. And all that overeating is what drove me to lose weight actually. I made myself sick of binging.
  • Chris_58
    Options
    Ate 3,800 last week full of KFC, chocolate eclairs and cakes, put on 0.4lbs and lost a weeks worth of effort for what I considered a "Cheat day"
    Cheat days from now on will be maintenance calories XD
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh...I never thought of it as binging, but now that I look back it could be considered that. Basically at my heaviest I'd eat until I couldn't eat anymore, mainly out of habit.

Worst was probably back in freshman year of college..After a breakfast at Mcdonalds I went out to lunch at the cheesecake factory, split 4 huge dishes with my old boyfriend (I'm talking chicken alfredo and enchiladas), follow it with cheesecake and icecream...Then we went to his house where a graduation party was going on...I had a full plate of ribs, plateful of macaroni and cheese, pizza, ice cream cake, and a few other things I can't even remember...Then my cousin brought cinnabon cinnamon rolls that night so of course I had to try one.

Granted, I still eat the same type of food now when I do go out, but in moderation. I think the biggest thing that has changed is obviously lifting, and discovering my love for cooking..fiance's not a bad cook either, so we don't feel the need to go out to eat very often! Also, peanut m&ms are the best.
  • jodieh06
    Options
    i've been hoping for a post like this for a while now. I work evening shifts (6pm-10pm), my parents save me dinner to have when i get home, so it usually goes something like this:
    snack before work (just a pack of crisps)
    big bowl of pasta at work
    large dinner when i get home
    a small sweet pie
    a pack of crisps
    a large bowl of cereal
    2 chocolate bars
    a hot chocolate with 7/8 biscuits
    supernoodles
    chewy bar
    banana with huge chocolate spread & peanut butter dip
    slice of homemade fresh bread
    then off to bed.

i didnt go to the gym for a week, and binged 4 nights in a row. so im back off now (only 2 days clean) but will definitely be adding you, could do with the support!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    The day before a exam I was scared of I went to 2 different shops and bought several fried and baked goods, mostly pastry I think... once back home I ate them all (adding other foods I had home). I really felt so ashamed that day.

To be honest I've had so many I can't even recall. I don't think I've ever had an enormous amount of food anyway (speaking about volume), I just know it was a lot of calories.

edit: oh well one night I woke up just to binge on feta with bread I guess, that wasn't even that bad but still weird as hell
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Every weekend, about 12 Whiskey's... Keeps happening. First step is admitting you have a problem.. I'm Good!
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    MANY years ago, I was out for the evening with my girlfriend and we stopped for a chinese take-away, which we ate from the cartons, while wandering around. I had sweet & sour chicken balls and fried rice and for some reason it tasted better than usual. When we'd finished, I saw her home on the bus, which then returned me to the centre of town, and even though I was full, I went back and bought the exact same meal again and ate it all while I walked home! I was so full, but it tasted so good I couldn't stop! I even tried to make myself sick in a churchyard en route - the one time I ever did that. Fortunately, i was unsuccessful, or I might have developed an eating disorder that very night!
  • 1) hid and ate an entire bag of chocolate chips over the span of two days
    2) half a batch of brownies(threw the rest out because I was embarrassed)
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    Gosh, I can relate to so many of these stories! Thank you for sharing :D Ps, I'd like to write more to you guys, but I only have a couple minutes until I'm supposed to go home and get "surprised" by my family. Haha, they're so cute, thinking I'll get surprised every year. :)

This morning I definitely ate more than I wish I had, sort of a mini binge: 2-3 eggrolls (baked) + some dark and white chocolate (like 30/40+ grams),2 slices of cpk pizza, veggies + egg whites, some plain ff greek yogurt with chocolate, dates, and a couple coconut macaroons my mom made, and a tbsp of almond butter. I'm so thankful the jar was already pretty empty, or I would have ate some more ab. There usually isnt any bad food that I enjoy eating at home except for today so that's probably one of the reasons I ate so much. Did work out this morning, but still shouldn't have ate this much. It is my birthday though, so I'm not going to really stress about what I eat for dinner too much. Ughh, I still clearly am struggling with bingeing though and will update you guys on what happens later tonight and the eats :)

@tylee, omg yes! But even if they were the small ones, I would have probably ended up eating something else anyway. I'm surprised my roommate didn't get sick of me and just leave, and I honestly don't know how she never found out about me eating all her food lol. I remember eating a whole bag of her chocolate covered blueberries too once.

@Sem3tx, yes! Love love to hear after you go to vegas :) The buffets there are so awesome!

@Franci, I wish I could say that was my worse binge! :)

@Chris, haha my cheat days always turn into cheat weeks, but eclairs sound really good!

@gsarah, wow I never thought I would be able to binge in front of my ex! But you still shared the food though, so doesn't seem too bad. And agree with the moderation!

@jodieh, thanks for the request, and seems like we have a lot in common! My parents tempt me with bad food sometimes though they don't realize it.

@Elenora, OMG I do the SAME thing! That ben and jerry's and del taco binge was right after a horrible exam. I almost had planned it! What's worse is that I pretended like I was ordering for someone else and once on the last stop ate a ridiculous amount of food at the restaurant by myself. There were a couple of policemen at the next table that kept staring at me (they looked scared lol)

@jkowula, noooo! not the whiskey! but spiked eggnog is good :)

@Twelvesticks, so done that! I'm never ashamed of it either. I'll literally eat another dinner at home as if I had not ate all day after going out FOR dinner + dessert with friends.

@Enviouslittle, omg sometimes a binge trigger for me is to finish half eaten food I binged on just so noone else finds out about it.

I really just want to study chem and sleep and spend time with family without the food tonight but those cookies and cakes and casserole and turkey and pizza and stuffing! Oh well, it's once a year, whatevs :)

Ttys <3
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    When I first started dabbling in losing weight (a couple years ago), I would binge eat pretty much every weekend. My brother and I would normally order 3-4 large pizzas with sides occasionally sodas and we'd try our hardest to have them gone by midnight. This was on top of the other crap I ate during the day. I recall eating until my ribs hurt on numerous occasions. Since we were trying to lose weight and were eating at a deficit during the week, we viewed it as our "cheat day" and saw absolutely nothing wrong with it. I was still able to lose weight, so didn't really care.

I still struggle with binging every now and then, only now it's in the form of getting carried away and having one too many cupcakes or brownies at someone's birthday party or eating just a little too much of a dessert that I made. The funny thing is, more often than not, I'm not even all that hungry when I'm eating the stuff, it's like a habit that I constantly put food into my mouth when at such gatherings. For me, it doesn't really have much do to with overeating because I'm depressed or anything like that, I truthfully get caught up in the moment sometimes, especially at social gatherings and more or less lose track of things and stop thinking about what goes into my mouth. It's like a momentary loss of awareness. I don't beat myself up over it or anything, god knows that everyone slips up, but I do realize that it's a problem that needs to be corrected because it could very easily turn into a mudslide of epic proportions. That's one of my old habits that I still need to work on.
  • benchsquad65
    benchsquad65 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Well, I went to the gym on an empty stomach (hydrated), walked for an hour with 10% incline on the elliptical and burned something like 800-900 cals, then did the stairmaster for 30 minutes and burned like 450, and then I ordered a large pizza from pizza hut and the full thing of cinamon sticks and ate it all. Then later I went to buffalo wild wings and ordered 20 boneless wings, a mac and cheese, and also had some nachos and buffalo chips. But that's just me because I like to do whatever the **** I wanna do!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Today lol!!
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    No stranger to binging, one of my worst was a homecoming dance. I had a mini binge before the dance on white chocolate craisins and banana chips (not sure of quantities) then while there, I think I ate about 5 large cookies and most of a Philly pretzel tray with lots of cinnamon butter dip and cheese. Ive also eaten two bags of gummy worms (six servings in each bag) and a pack of oreos (family sized). Once, I made 12 cinnamon rolls with icing and finished them all in half an hour, on top of a large pumpkin scone. Lets hope it doesn't get like that for me again!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I Need to add that I have to apologize to you. I started laughing about half way through your post. I know that's terrible, but it was because I could so relate, I guess I was laughing because I have done so many similar type binges in the past. The amounts I could ingest into my body was truly amazing!!!