Average carbs per day?

What are you averaging per day, in terms of your daily carb intake? I am having a hard time staying below 70g.

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Usually somewhere between 150-200. More if I happen to have burned a ton of calories that day.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    For me on average around 300g. Some days it's 250 some it might go even up to 600. I don't count my carbs. I make sure I hit minimum 1g of protein per pound of body weight and minimum 75g fat. Anything above that I do not count and I just fill rest of my cals with whatever...

Low carb diets makes me feel like crap. Kinda like having flue, no energy at all. Don't like it.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    For me on average around 300g. Some days it's 250 some it might go even up to 600. I don't count my carbs. I make sure I hit minimum 1g of protein per pound of body weight and minimum 75g fat. Anything above that I do not count and I just fill rest of my cals with whatever...

Low carb diets makes me feel like crap. Kinda like having flue, no energy at all. Don't like it.
    Haha, you beat me to it! I was coming in to comment I 250-300, and (rarely) right up to 600 grams on carbs. I had to go to my diary and look because I focus on protein and fat, fiber and micronutrients.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member

This yeah.

As soon as I get protein and fat in I don't pay much attention to the rest
    /Icr
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    over 400 :tongue:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I try and stick around 100g a day
  • jillianash
    jillianash Posts: 97 Member
    What ever motivated you to choose a 70g/day carb limit anyways? Considering there is carbs in almost every food that seems really really low. Consider opening your food diary maybe?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    My net carbs are usually 30 or less, but that's because I eat keto-style.
  • I've lost 15 lbs in just shy of 30 days; cutting down on carbs has worked for me so far, and I feel far better doing so. No more digestive annoyances and the scale speaks for itself.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    its different every day
    carbs are my fuel for all the cardio I do.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    I've lost 15 lbs in just shy of 30 days; cutting down on carbs has worked for me so far, and I feel far better doing so. No more digestive annoyances and the scale speaks for itself.

Same for me. I was stuck for months, then my husband suggested keto based on one of his online friends. She lost a bunch of weight eating that way. So I researched and decided to give it a go. I'm almost down 30 lbs since July, and I've lost several inches too. I don't really miss carbs that much either.
  • Semt3x
    Semt3x Posts: 23
    Around 350 on average
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Try to stay below 150, but i prefer around 125. Not a necessity, but i feel better at these amounts.
  • suprzonic
    suprzonic Posts: 68 Member
    Actually - you may be eating LESS carbs than you think, IF you're eating a lot more fruit / veg and/or other foods full of fibre. Fibre is classed as a carb. So if you deduct you're fibre cals from your carb cals, you end up with NET carb cals. There's actually a script you can get for your web browser especially for MFP that calculates net carbs for you. But you must alter your goals to track fibre cals for the script to work.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/124645
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    100-160, sometimes more sometimes less. i don't pay attention to macros though (my nets even lower but i cba)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    <30g
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    I average 150-200 a day, typically.
  • I am doing High carb day every 4th day on 1500kcal/ around 180 carbs. On Low carb days(3 consecutive days) I am on 1200 kcal and around 40-45g/day. It works for me. :)
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Less than 30g.
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    I don't think it's the amount that is so important as the quality. If you are getting your carbohydrates from oreos, burger patties and french fries, that isn't so healthy in my view. I always opt for whole grains and brown rice over white whenever I have the choice. Like others in this thread, I eat lots of carbohydrates, averaging probably between 250g-350g per day. I also eat a vegan diet and have lost 141 pounds in 9 months. Based on my personal experiences I would assert that carbohydrates are not the enemy, rather, junk food is.