Nem member

Options
Just joined because my daughter showed me how. Started monitoring my food intake & excercise habits in June. I have dropped a total of 27 lbs. I fit into clothes I had outgrown and are now lose. My goal is to drop 12-15 more lbs so I can buy a new "smaller" dress for Christmas. I love this tool!!!:happy:

Replies

• tjcela57
    Options
    hello dmedina i know this sounds crazy but i am undecided wheather to join weight watchers or do this program. any suggestions?
  • tjcela57
    Options
    hello anyone on site .i am a new member
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    This site is wonderful. I have been at it now for four months and I have dropped 22 lbs and lost 25.5 inches. The people on this site are very supportive and motivating. It is remarkable.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • katoka97
    katoka97 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome,
    MFP is great, very helpful and user friendly, great support community...add friends for support, make your food/exercise diary public so you can get feedback.

@tjcela57...try using this site for a month, se how it works for you,...it's free
    be honest with yourself, do food/exercise diary, drink LOTS of water,...
    if you don't see any change than think about joining WW...
    It's HARD to lose weight, but you can do it!
  • silenagu3
    Options
    I lost 45 pound 3 years ago and swear by weight watchers I kinda do both now
  • dmedina
    Options
    Try this tool. I asked my doctor for help and he gave a list of foods and portions that is used for diabetics. It was very helpful because I could build my own menus. It gives the servings for breakfast/lunch/dinner & 2 snacks and I created an excel sheet for the whole week. I would just write in what I ate each day. You have the option of 1200/1500/1800 calories. I still use WW meals but not so much. I dont use the blue or pink sweeteners. I also found Almond Breeze almond milk and chocolate milk. Sugar free jello (you make it) is great. My daughter is a Kinesiology/Exercise science major and she is the one who recommended this to me. Weigh yourself once a week around the same time for consistency. Writing your food intake down makes a HUGE difference. No one else has to see it. Be honest With yourself, you will see results. NO MORE FEELING 'FLUFFY" FOR ME!!!
  • Altamsw11
    Options
    I'm new too!! I haven't lost an ounce yet, but hopefully, with this site, I can make that change! Welcome!:bigsmile: