Any people that have successfully recovered from binging?

Options
Hi there,
Just seeing for motivation if theres any people that have been binge free for a while and what the outcome has been. How have you done it, how much weight have you lost binge free? Just looking for some extra boost + encouragement. Feeling pretty down..

Replies

• Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I stopped binging when I made myself more busy, began cooking all my meals , and going to the gym regularly. It takes time but if you just stay positive and work hard you can get past it
  • SnackHips
    SnackHips Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have my fingers crossed that those days are in the past. After I started tracking I realized how difficult it is for me to eat enough food on a normal day....that likely lead to my binging on weekends or after a few pounds weight loss. So now I work really hard to keep my calories up every day and so far haven't been tempted to binge. (One week and counting)
  • Denis1404
    Options
    Hi, new here and testing this space :) I have been following the slow carb diet for 3 months now. Would like to experiment with calorie counting for added weight loss. With the SCD and following Tim Ferris's four hour body principles you are allowed one cheat day per week. After a while you don't feel like consuming the rubbish food but I find if a craving strikes I promise it to myself on cheat day.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    It takes strength if that's all you've known for a while. It can be tough, but if you are determined to make it stop, you can do it.
    You might fail a few times, but that does not mean that you have to give up. Failure just means you have to try harder next time!
  • Hey can I add you OP? Ima also completely de motivated about this binging :( I've put on a stone since March and am terrified of gaining more! I binged Monday Wednesday Thursday this week :( please has someone got any tips, cause I really hate myself right now. I've gone from 112lbs to 127lbs at 5'6" and feel it EVERYWHERE! :(
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Once I got my macros spot on I found I didn't want to binge. I eat as healthily as I can and have treats at the weekend.

I have lost 50lbs and been binge free for well over 12 months. I now have no inclination to want to binge. I found it very easy and almost instant once my macros were in line.

If I can do it anyone can. Go for it. It is not as difficult as you think.

Good luck
  • Mooar
    Mooar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This may sound stupid but what are macros?
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I've recovered. I'd say I am in recovery and taking it one day at a time. I've been really focusing on not bingeing and have done it once in the past 41 days. Like someone said, staying busy helps out a lot!
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    This may sound stupid but what are macros?

Macronutrients -- fat, protein, carbohydrates
  • italiangirlinva
    italiangirlinva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've lost and gained, doing various things, years and years of therapy, and finally I tried OA (Overeaters Anonymous) and it's the ONLY thing that has kept me binge free. Binging is an eating disorder and it needs real treatment. 12 step programs ( based on Alcoholics Anonymous) have worked for millions. Including me. It's been over a year and a half since I binged. Despite the weight loss (I'm down 70 lbs so far), I have peace of mind. I have serenity.