slim the belly

Options
I have a belly, its new, I want it to go away.....any tips! I know its all about burning calories and fat but can I tone my belly and become ripped? Am I being unreasonable....I want abs!!!!

Help :)

Replies

• wintergirl1
    Options
    I have a belly, its new, I want it to go away.....any tips! I know its all about burning calories and fat but can I tone my belly and become ripped? Am I being unreasonable....I want abs!!!!

Help :)
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I know its hard work but cycling/spinning really works. I did it every week for a few months and noticed my belly fat disappearing! It works! At least for me.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Not only do I think spinning works well, but so does losing weight in general. We all have gorgeous abs under the fat....get rid of the fat. I think it's just that simple. Spinning also has narrowed the area around my hips and is very much toning my legs overall. It's great for burning a ton of calories too. I do it probably 3 times per week out of the 5...love it!
  • Johnsr1971
    Johnsr1971 Posts: 11
    Options
    Please excuse my ignorance but, what is "spining"?

Regards

John
  • houstonfan
    houstonfan Posts: 10
    Options
    A cycling class held at most gyms. Can be very intense, I personally do not do it.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    well winter, the truth is, for women, you need to be down somewhere in the 12 to 14% Body fat range to have a "six pack". Unfortunately, for women over 30, this can be exceedingly difficult. Realistically (not just for you ladies either) it's probably a more attainable goal to shoot for a flat, tight stomach. It is possible, but it takes a lot of work, an extremely strict diet, and good genes to achieve the ripple effect as we get older. On the up side, cardio alone should be able to eliminate most of a new belly, that being said, I always recommend people do at least some weight training, cardio is great, but muscle density and tone is a big factor in keeping you trim and healthy.