What am I doing wrong???

ok... so I worked really hard this week. I'm on week two of t25. I ate between 1300-1400 cals. I usually burn around 250 cals per workout. I'm 198 pounds, 20 years and 5'5.

I stayed below cals and did all my workouts but still gained .2????

WHATTTTTT!!!!

I just don't get it. I know that I can't allow this to get me down but please help...Give me some advice.

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    If you just started a new workout regimen then water retention is probably the cause. It's normal.
    As a woman, your weight will flictuate regularly with PMS, TOM and such too, so keep that in mind.

You might want to try and go with measurements and pictures instead of the scale. It's just a number anyways and IMO doens't mean much compared to how you feel about the look of your body.

Make sure you track everything, weight everything and be honest with your diary. Log everyday even bad ones.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    my pc screen at work is a little blurred... does that say zero POINT two...???
  • Escape_Artist

Doesn't it say 2?

Unreliable PC screen at work too.. so not sure

So.... OP if that is indeed zero point two then you need to work on your patience
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Weight loss isn't linear. You cant do X and expect Y every time. What you CAN expect are trends over time. Hang in there. Also...while workouts are a very good thing and good for you and all that...that isn't where weight loss happens. That's pretty much all in calories in versus calories out. Eat at a deficit, you will lose. Exercise too and you may lose only slightly faster, but you'll look and feel better. Again...hang in there. You can do this.
  • my pc screen at work is a little blurred... does that say zero POINT two...???

Yes it does...what? Am I not supposed to be worried?? I'm new to this and I just thought that I would lose once I was sticking to the program. But thanks for the advice. I did not know about water retention.
  • Anselee
    Anselee Posts: 62 Member
    I agree with the posts above water retention could be it, I recently had the same issue and I increase my water intake to 2 to 3 liters a day and it really makes a difference also watch out for your sodium intake as well.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    It does say point 2. You guys need to tell your bosses to get you better monitors so you can surf MFP more efficiently, LOL!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    ok... so I worked really hard this week. I'm on week two of t25. I ate between 1300-1400 cals. I usually burn around 250 cals per workout. I'm 198 pounds, 20 years and 5'5.

I stayed below cals and did all my workouts but still gained .2????

WHATTTTTT!!!!

I just don't get it. I know that I can't allow this to get me down but please help...Give me some advice.
    Point two pounds? Water weight, maybe food in your bowels from yesterday, maybe you have grown extra hair on you head ya know....
  • Escape_Artist
    It does say point 2. You guys need to tell your bosses to get you better monitors so you can surf MFP more efficiently, LOL!

:embarassed:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member

:embarassed:

I'm at work too but I got to purchase my own monitor! :laugh:
  • O.k I will try to calm down. lol... Damn you guys don't have to hit me SO hard. I'm new to the sticking to it phase.lol
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    If you weigh yourself at the start of the day, and at the end of the day, the numbers will be different. Maybe by up to 3 or 4 pounds.
    If you weigh yourself the next day, the numbers will be different. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.
    If you weigh yourself at the same time every day of the week, and plot those weights on a graph, you'd get a wiggly line, that might vary up and down by 3-4 pounds.
    If you eat very salty foods like a Chinese, the salt will cause your body to retain water.
    If you're doing muscle bulidng exercise, your body will also be holding on to water.

Can you see now that saying you've gained 0.2 pounds just doesn't really mean anything?

Take your measurements - waist, neck, arms, whatever.
    Put your scale away for a month.
    Take your measurements again after a few weeks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

it does say 0.2... i need to stop surfing MFP full stop!!!
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member

Yes it does...what? Am I not supposed to be worried?? I'm new to this and I just thought that I would lose once I was sticking to the program. But thanks for the advice. I did not know about water retention.
    You need to do what my Dr tells me to do whenever I pay him a rare visit - COME BACK IN 3 WEEKS TIME IF SYMPTOMS GET ANY WORSE.