Is it possible to...

Options
... lose 24lbs by the end of this year? Its half of the first main target I have set myself.

If anyone is willing to help me with this by giving me food and exercise pointers it would be greatfully appreciated :)

Replies

• championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Live a healthy lifestyle and the rest will take care of itself! Its a lifestyle NOT a diet!! GOOD LUCK!:wink:
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    I think it realistic yes but you have to be prepared to push yourself. I lost 14lbs in 5 weeks with just a fair amount of exercise and watching what i eat. if i pushed myself I could have lost alot more, so it is possible.
    Exercise tips would be if you don't really like exercise incorporate it into your everyday routine. I walk to and from work (3 mile round trip) each day and then go swimming on the weekends (for 2 hours). You can do stomach crunches in the morning before work just 10-20 nothing major help tone your stomach and get the muscles twitching (all helps).
    The big thing that's helped me loose weight was moving into my own place. Portion sizes are the main things that defeat people and if you feel satisfied stop eating even if you leave half a meal. I believe the main problem with being overweight these days is what your parents ALWAYS used to say "You're not leaving this table until you've cleared your plate!" and we've always thought that as we've gotten older. The problem is the portion sizes grow with you lol.
    Another thing you could do is have a shopping budget. I buy exactly what i need to eat for the week and 1 treat food if I want it. No crips, biscuits, chocolate, cakes, none of that. Temptation is removed and I find i don't miss it. I don't have a freezer either so all of my meat and veg are fresh that week. Lots of fruit and water (not too much pop or coffee etc) these will keep your body hydrated and full of the vitamins/minerals you need to keep up your energy levels and feel good about yourself.
    I hope this all helps you :) good luck with your challenge I'm sure you'll do great. Msg me if you want any more help or advice. xx
  • hollyandfudgemum
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

My first major lifestyle change is that I have banned myself from using the lifts at work... This will mean 5 or 6 times up and down 4 flights of stairs for me... I ran up them the first time this morning had to take 5 at the top to catch my breath but it felt so much better than taking the lazy option of the lift xx
  • philipjhill1
    philipjhill1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

My first major lifestyle change is that I have banned myself from using the lifts at work... This will mean 5 or 6 times up and down 4 flights of stairs for me... I ran up them the first time this morning had to take 5 at the top to catch my breath but it felt so much better than taking the lazy option of the lift xx

The getting off the elevator is a big thing. You can feel the excercise your getting in your legs (well I can heaving myself and my laptop up 8 flights each morning). Plus you get to look back and think 'Last month i was REALLY out of breath, now just slightly out of breath!'

My first change was to cut out sugar from my coffee. (I now use a sweetner) it's surprising how a few relatively small changes do add up.
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I second the part about small bits adding up. I too switched from sugar to sweetener in my coffee and from lowfat milk to skin, and it's amazing how fast those changes add up. I don't have a whole lot of time for exercise with my schedule, so I've mainly been focusing on reducing my calories and portions. So far I've lost about 6 pounds (haven't weighed in for a little while so it might be more) in about 3 weeks. So I think 24 lbs by the end of the year is definitely possible.
  • hollyandfudgemum
    Options
    Thanks guys xx

Its fried unhealthy foods thats my downfall :(
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    Thanks guys xx

Its fried unhealthy foods thats my downfall :(

Easy switch to Grilling your food instead. Not only is it better for you but it tastes a million times better. Try it, you'll love it. Trust me! :smile:
  • hollyandfudgemum
    Options
    Will do :) I am just scoffing my lunch Yellow Split Pea Soup and I had a small brown roll with it yum yum x
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Will do :) I am just scoffing my lunch Yellow Split Pea Soup and I had a small brown roll with it yum yum x

Here's another tip - try taking your time with eating as "scoffing" doesn't help your brain and body say: "Oh, I'm getting fed - and it IS satisfying". ENJOY every bite.

Also, eating 5-6 small balanced meals per day at 230-275 calories each will help speed up your metabolism and keep the hungry monster at bay!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    ... lose 24lbs by the end of this year? Its half of the first main target I have set myself.

If anyone is willing to help me with this by giving me food and exercise pointers it would be greatfully appreciated :)

Would love to have you join us at the 30 by Christmas thread. I give daily challenges etc....

We have been doing it for two weeks and I've lost 10 pounds... 8 weeks to go til Christmas!

Just a thought!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options

Would love to have you join us at the 30 by Christmas thread. I give daily challenges etc....

We have been doing it for two weeks and I've lost 10 pounds... 8 weeks to go til Christmas!

Just a thought!