any tech-y people HELP

Options
hannahlclrk
hannahlclrk Posts: 66 Member
So,

I want to get my guy a cool xmas gift, he has a samsung gs4 and LOVES it, he has an app that plays all kinda radios stations etc from all over the world,

so I thought a speaker docking type thing would be good?!

so whats good?

Ive looked at BOSE - as ive heard thats a great brand, but they only accommodate apple things!

Replies

• JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I thought you were going to ask for help with orientating your pic. :wink:

You can access the Bose Sound dock via Bluetooth so no problems.
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Good one :DDD
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Bose is an awesome brand, just make sure you buy a dock that has bluetooth and you'll be fine.
  • hannahlclrk
    Options
    yeah I cant make that pic turn round either!! ha ha!

I am useless at all things technology related!

i was thinking one of these...

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-and-personal-audio/bluetooth-ipod-speakers/sounddock-systems-for-iphone-and-ipod/

does anyone have an experience of these?

I don't want my gift to look rubbish and want it to work well with everything it has to do, so easy was to plug it in etc?
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Looks great! One question - he has a Samsung phone, right? If those, this specific one wont really be much use. Go for a bluetooth one - so it works with any phone (or tablet or computer).
  • hannahlclrk
    Options
    yes, so - which are good for Samsung phones? its all apple apple apple everywhere :(
  • 722_christina_722
    Options
    Bluetooth speakers are all over the market. Beats has a few, Bose has many as well. If you are looking for speakers there are lots to choose from. If its the docking you are looking for, you will have to figure out what fits the samsung, which is easily done using google.....or a best buy employee.
  • hannahlclrk
    Options
    ive used google, but it just brings up a whole load of them, which are all different on amazon and such that Ive never heard of. just wanted some opinions...
  • hannahlclrk
    Options
    whats better speakers or docking station? whats the differencE?
  • KymmyJoy
    KymmyJoy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    HELP! Would you recommend the fitbit flex? Does it sync well with MFP? I have no wifi in my gym, will it still do everything it needs to and just connect again when I'm back in a wifi area? Thanks!!

Really sorry to, saw this thread and thought it might be just what I need as I can't open up the main forum page at the moment, only recent posts :(

:flowerforyou:
  • hannahlclrk
    Options
    from what Ive seen on here kimmyjoy they work well and are pretty good, and relatively reasonable priced.
  • bikercowboy
    Options

You can access the Bose Sound dock via Bluetooth so no problems.

ha ha !!! that's rich....
  • Rerun201
    Rerun201 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    HELP! Would you recommend the fitbit flex? Does it sync well with MFP? I have no wifi in my gym, will it still do everything it needs to and just connect again when I'm back in a wifi area? Thanks!!

Really sorry to, saw this thread and thought it might be just what I need as I can't open up the main forum page at the moment, only recent posts :(

:flowerforyou:

My wife and I both use a Fitbit Flex with MFP and have for the past couple months. Very happy with how they work with each other. We use MFP for logging our food intake and exercise.We don't log much on the FitBit site, just use the Flex more as a motivator than anything else.
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    So,

I want to get my guy a cool xmas gift, he has a samsung gs4 and LOVES it, he has an app that plays all kinda radios stations etc from all over the world,

so I thought a speaker docking type thing would be good?!

so whats good?

Ive looked at BOSE - as ive heard thats a great brand, but they only accommodate apple things!

- Samsung DA-E751
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundLink-Bluetooth-Wireless-Speaker/dp/B005KFONIU

I have this one. Bluetooth. The sound is deep and rich. The battery life is good. 10/10 WB.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Try searching by department on amazon.com. Then on the left you can narrow down your search options by the type of phone he has and usually they'll have an option for "unversal" as well. That's what I do.