Bloat...how to get rid of it?

Options
All week I have been super bloated. A few days I upped my water consumption to a gallon just to try to flush it out. Nothing seems to be working. I have a feeling in two or three days it will be gone when the time of the month is done. But it seems to be bothering me a lot more than usual. Does anyone have any miracle anti-bloat tips?

Replies

• lindsayvernon
    lindsayvernon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    water, water, water...and then when you're done with that, even more water. Try to limit your salt as well.

Are you constipated too? That causes some major bloating as well, so if you are possibly look at senocot to help with that.
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Not miracle, but I always find that at that time of the month a bit of yogurt (plain or with raspberries added) helps me and sometimes pure cranberry juice (not the sugary cocktail kind) cut with water helps.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Ate foods high in potassium, they help to counter sodium in your body. Potatoes, bananas, tomatoes, beans, egg yolks, etc. Above poster said yogurt with raspberries helps for her, there's your reason why, they have a decent amount of potassium in them too.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I recently returned from a calorie-rich vacation to New Orleans and was SUPER bloated. Like, 8 lbs bloated. Haha.

Anyway, after 2 days of eating clean meals high in fibre, lots of water, and a little coffee and green tea I was back to my normal weight. Hope this helps!
  • Eyerin
    Eyerin Posts: 24
    Options
    I recently returned from a calorie-rich vacation to New Orleans and was SUPER bloated. Like, 8 lbs bloated. Haha.

Anyway, after 2 days of eating clean meals high in fibre, lots of water, and a little coffee and green tea I was back to my normal weight. Hope this helps!

Yes...^^^^^^^^ this.

I also take a high quality probiotic that I get at a good health food store that really helps the gut flora and puts things back into balance. The good Acidophilus/Bifidus probiotics are always refrigerated and are much better concentration of beneficial, good bacteria than the low amount you'll get in yogurt, etc. or off-the-shelf room temperature probiotics. I find a regular schedule of these daily helps bloating in a big way combined with the above advice.

I'm not sure anything is a miracle, but water, water, water is the best defence. The probiotics are a great add on keep the stomach healthy.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Probiotics are great. Also, sweet potatoes, kiwis, banana and coconut water are high in potassium which really helps.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    bump. i'm insanely bloated as well.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Modern thoughts on the amount of water required by the body is totalling up to only 8 glasses this includes water in foods as well. Too much water is as bad as too little.

You could try taking a glass of bicarb as if for indigestion. Salicylate bloats.

all the best, should you like to know more about salilcylate, please come back to me
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Try some plant enzimes..might be that you are having trouble digesting your food. Also strong probiotics might help too.
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I feel horribly bloated if I eat porridge for breakfast more than three days in a row. Lots of water and green tea seem to do the trick.

The probiotics sounds promising, and I might have to try that.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Limit sodium. Take some dandelion root. Awesome natural diuretic. Eat spinach (food highest in potassium).
  • Ihatebloating
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have a bloating question. Mine happens constantly regardless of what I eat. I am curious to see if most people bloat all over the stomach or certain areas. Today I ate a lg chili from Wendy's with saltines and later had some (very little) turkey, stuffing, sour cream cucumbers. This is all I have had since yesterday at this time. My bloating is like a shelf under my chest. Other times it covers my entire stomach.

I recently started juicing. It makes me bloat as well. I am so frustrated....like many of you.....too bad there is not a simple answer.

Thanks so much. I hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving :happy: