I've lost some weight but not enough, what can I wear?(pics)

Options
Hi, I don't normally do this...I just feel so down at the moment and I have absolutely nothing in my wardrobe that looks good on me with the size I am - my legs and arms are the main problem!

I have a party to go to and I just feel crap in everything I try on...this was the only decentish outfit I can wear....what do you think?

This is the main reason I avoid going out to parties, because I always feel like I don't belong with the way I look.

http://s21.postimg.org/xgn9xvc2v/dress1.jpg

http://s17.postimg.org/sus2ydsrz/dress2.jpg - sorry excuse the filthy mirror!

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with that outfit, I think its cute! You are just feeling self conscious, I get like that every day pretty much lol Just try to not think about how you look and focus on having fun
  • rawstrongchick
    rawstrongchick Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters what you wear, if you don't feel comfortable you won't look comfortable.

If my opinion really counts I think the outfit looks great, to the point were I can't see the arm/leg issue at all!
  • Eyerin
    Eyerin Posts: 24
    Options
    I think the outfit looks great! I'd hike up the skirt though, to show off your perfectly fine legs, and from the words of Stacey London and Clinton Kelly, maybe do a dressier sandal that doesn't cut off your great legs with the ankle strap feature, but a more open and strappier sandal that lengthens anyones legs visually..and one with a higher heel paired with that dressy skirt.

I think your outfit looks just great on you! You have nothing to worry about! I'd kill for your body right about now!! Lol.

:)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    cute outfit, although i'm not thrilled about the shoes and the skirt could be hemmed a few inches to above your knee. i think you look great in it
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others on the hem and sandals. But, hey, they aren't really 'deal breakers'. You still look fabulous!

Your body isn't the problem... It looks great!
    The way you feel about yourself is.

My suggestion? Put your shoulders back and wear a smile!
    Many, many women would kill to look like you.

Parties can be lots of fun if you want them to be!
    Choose to relax and enjoy.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Wear confidence and a smile
  • kateq321
    kateq321 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know how you're feeling as I think we all have days when we feel bad about ourselves and nothing in our wardrobe looks right. Personally I think you have a fab figure...I wish I had your waist!!...I think you could wear a lovely LBD and a nice pair of heels, you'd carry it off no problem.
  • Dabank70
    Dabank70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look great and could easily go out like that! Show off the legs :) If you are self conscious about your arms (eek! The thought of people seeing my arms disturbs me greatly…) throw on a shawl/pashmina...