Weight loss

Options
Hi everyone :) I am trying to lose approx. 1 to 2 kg/ week (I am hoping to have lost 19kg by May 2014) and I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to share some of your habits, which would hopefully help me reach my goal. Cheers!

Replies

• ohheytoned
    ohheytoned Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey there :) these are just kind of some tried and true things I've added to my life that have helped others. Definitely no artificial sweetners like Splenda and all that crap. Cut out sweets, chocolate, etc. unless on special occasions. No pop, no chips. Essentially just no junk. When you cut that out completely, pretty much what's left is the good stuff - whole grains, fruits, veggies, healthy low fat dairy. Workout as many days a week as you can. You can't work out a poor diet is the biggest lesson I learned from my personal trainer.

I think it's all about will-power and motivation. Those that want to lose weight and are committed WILL lose it, even if it's slow and steady. We're all on our own journey! Good luck.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Set a reasonable calorie budget (1 to 2 kg's a week is not), stick to it eating the foods you like. Weigh and measure all your food for accuracy and log every bite that passes your lips.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Eating fewer calories than I burn through the day. I haven't cut out any foods at all. I also exercise(d) a lot, which only affects the weight loss in terms of helping you create the calorie deficit. 2 kg a week is a very aggressive goal unless you're morbidly obese to begin with. Losing that fast, you risk losing a lot of lean mass instead of just fat.

Also weighing all my food and logging everything has been a good habit to have.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I am trying to lose approx. 1 to 2 kg/ week (I am hoping to have lost 19kg by May 2014) and I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to share some of your habits, which would hopefully help me reach my goal. Cheers!
    If it's only that much, then 1 to 2kg a week is probably unrealistic if you want it to last. 1% of one's body weight is a realistic goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I amped up my workouts.
    I still eat foods i love in moderation. Although i love to try and put a healthy spin on my recipes.
    I'm using this experience for a life style change for the long haul, not a short term fix.
  • yic001
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) great advice!