No Equipment Bodyweight Exercises

Options
I'd like suggestions for a beginner routine for bodyweight exercise that genuinely requires nothing but bodyweight.

The bodyweight exercise programmes I've seen thus far all seem to require tables, chairs, bars and ropes. Though I do have enough floor space, my home isn't conveniently organised to incorporate furniture in an exercise routine. I don't even own a coffee table for example. And I don't trust the doors in my aged house!

Ideas welcome!

Replies

• MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Push ups, squats, wall-sits, burpees, planks, etc. All of these are great bodyweight exercises, also you can Google "body weight exercises" and find a whole range of moves that don't require equipment.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Nerd Fitness. It has very little if any, equipment. http://www.nerdfitness.com/workouts/
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Yoga is also great. You'd be looking at the balance poses, and eventually the advanced versions of many common poses. Start with the smaller versions first, obviously :)
  • alhumphreys
    alhumphreys Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Someone gave me a great website with a lot of free work out videos. Try looking it up. You might find something you like. www.fitnessblender.com
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yoga is also great. You'd be looking at the balance poses, and eventually the advanced versions of many common poses. Start with the smaller versions first, obviously :)

Yoga sounds like a good idea, especially as I'm only starting to work on getting fit again. I know from doing power yoga in the past that it can be quite effective for building core strength, which is something I particularly need while losing weight around my belly!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I love the Blogilates videos. She does cardio, strength, and stretching videos and usually without weights or any equipment. She has a ton of videos and even workout calendars, clean eating ideas and recipes, and her site is super organized.
  • Rocky_ZG
    Rocky_ZG Posts: 70 Member
    Options