Warm snack ideas

Options
ze_hombre
ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
If I have the room in my calorie budget for the day I would usually have a bowl of ice cream in the afternoon. Now that its getting cold that idea doesn't sound too appealing. Anyone have recipes for warm afternoon snacks? Preferably somewhere around 200-300 calories or less.

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Sweet or savoury?
  • koos22
    koos22 Posts: 22
    Options
    microwaved cheese :P mmm
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If you like savoury snacks you could have a generous bowl of soup for that cal allowance depending on the variety you choose, more of a meal than a snack though.

Not sure about sweet snacks, sometimes I'll have rice pudding if I want something warm :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee has pound cakes inidivually wraped that you warm up in the microwave and they are only 200 calories and delicious
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    warm krispy kreme

apple crisp

chocolate lava cake

s'mores

hot brownie sundae

warm chocolate chip cookies
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey! Yes, I'm with ya on not feeling the whole ice cream idea as much now that it's getting colder!
    Some warm snacks I eat:
    - Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa (25 cals)
    - Microwaved Apple w/ a dash of cinnamon (tastes like apple pie minus the crust!)
    - Bowl of Oatmeal (To make this savory you can add some brown sugar, berries, chocolate chips etc. or just buy the instant kind)
    - Bowl of Cream of Wheat
    - Soup
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough wontons. :D
  • jjoneslosingit
    Options
    Baked apple: core an apple and fill with raisins, a few walnuts, sprinkle with apple pie spice to taste, and a quick sprinkle of salt, spritz with olive oil or other spray, and bake on 350 for 40 minutes or until desired tenderness. Approx. 200 cal depending on the number of walnuts used.
    Sometimes I will rub the apple with a bit of butter for a richer taste instead of using a spray.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Soup with slice of toast
    custard (rather than icecream)
    banana on tast
  • alywei37
    Options
    I am addicted to sugar free hot chocolate with cinnimon.
    I am also loving-
    -baked apple slices with ganola
    -oatmeal dark chocolate chip cookies
    -the micro mug cakes are delicious
    -oh and homeade light cheesecake spread on graham crackers with dark chocolate chips.
    YUM!
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Take your favorite granola cereal (portion controlled for calorie count) and put it in a coffee mug. Pour unsweetened coconut almond milk over it - just enough to cover it. Microwave until warm throughout. Yum!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Soup
    English muffin pizza
    Open face ham and swiss sandwich, even better with an egg on top
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love warm snacks and eat them year round because I have an auto-immune disorder keeps me always freezing. So for 200-300...

--instant oatmeal (btw add extra water and microwave a bit longer get more volume) and diet cocoa in milk (220)
    --smart pop kettle corn double bag (200 cals)
    --Tabatchnick split pea soup and toast/roll (200 cals)
    --Grits and 3 oz chicken (240 cals)
    --2 lite waffles with pb2 (only 185)
    --vita top brownie and diet cocoa in milk (215 cals)
    --toasted bagel with sugar free jelly (210-300 cals)
    --egg white on bagel (250-300 depending)
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    Options

- Microwaved Apple w/ a dash of cinnamon (tastes like apple pie minus the crust!)

You beat me to it! I also add a teensy bit of sugar, less than a teaspoon.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,969 Member
    Options
    As a hot substitute for ice cream, I'm thinking hot chocolate, microwave s'mores (if you don't have marshmallows around, peanutbutter is a good substitute in terms of texture -- spread it on the top cracker after you've heated the bottom cracker and the chocolate, and then put them together sandwich-style), or hot-from-the-oven cookies (if you use the refrigerated cookie dough, my admittedly inexhaustive survey indicates that the kind that are already preformed in a tray are less likely to have trans fats than the kind you slice from a log). I also like heated milk with a little sugar and flavored baking extracts (e.g., almond, vanilla, etc.), although you could use the bottled syrups made for flavored espresso drinks (I just have way too many different ingredients in my kitchen already, so I don't like to have to find space for something else that I could essentially create from stuff I already have) (if this sounds good to you, you could probably include couple of tablespoons of half and half or light cream in place of some of the milk, if you're trying to replicate the calories of the bowl of ice cream).
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    warm tuscan white bean dip - yummo or a cup of warm tomato soup (low sodium) w/maybe some croutons floating on top or a dollop of greek yogurt.

oooo, cheesy grits
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    Cut up an apple or two, put some cinnamon (maybe some honey) on it and microwave it
  • rahmyers
    rahmyers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Cooked sf pudding. it's yummy warm