Don't feel guilty about Thanksgiving!

Options
I am a strong believer that if you go overboard for 1 day and get right back on track the next day, your body will recuperate just fine. I gained 2 pounds yesterday after loosing 32. Heck, I consumed 4,500 calories yesterday. I sat around with the family, ate like a pig, wore my fat pants and watched football all day. No big deal! I'm ready to to resume to my healthy eating and about to go hit the gym now. Nobody should feel guilty for just 1 day. I hope everyone has a good recovery!

Replies

• Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    That's the attitude you have to have, instead of beating yourself up over a day of indulging. After all, it is Thanksgiving!
  • DavidSroka80
    Options
    Hell yea!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Everyone made fun of me for having a normal sized plate and not wanting seconds. I chose to dedicate my extra calories to wine instead. The leftover day is what I really look forward to anyway.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yes! Exactly my motto.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I had thanksgiving with my boyfriends grama wed. and my fam on thanksgiving day. 2.6 lbs up today lol who cares. it will come back off! I ate all the nomz :drinker:
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Good call, I did exactly what you did, and I'm betting I'll be back at pre Turkey day weight before mid week, and be down .5-1 pound by Friday.

Rigger
  • DavidSroka80
    Options
    Everyone made fun of me for having a normal sized plate and not wanting seconds. I chose to dedicate my extra calories to wine instead. The leftover day is what I really look forward to anyway.

:smile: That's cool. I love wine. A nice dry wine hits the spot.
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I chose to dedicate my extra calories to wine instead.

you DEFINITELY win. :)
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty...was one of the best Thanksgivings in recent memory. And since we have been eating tons of healthy foods we went non traditional and had big pizzas instead of turkey. Still did stuffing( my wife's is awesome) cranberries and pumpkin pie. Having pizza for me was way better thenn turkey! I'm kinda glad I have to work today and be away from the leftovers....for now. :bigsmile:
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Instead of feeling bad about all the calories you consumed be grateful you have family and friends near to share it with.
    It's only one day....focus on the thanks part of the day!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    This is a thread worth bumping. Enjoy a few holidays a year and keep discipline the rest.
  • DavidSroka80
    Options
    Instead of feeling bad about all the calories you consumed be grateful you have family and friends near to share it with.
    It's only one day....focus on the thanks part of the day!

That's exactly how I feel! Perfect attitude to have. :smile:
  • DeterminedToLoseIt02
    Options
    Totally agree. I mean, god forbid you should actually eat on thanksgiving! :laugh:
    Besides, a lot of it could be water retention from the high amount of sodium.
  • DavidSroka80
    Options
    Totally agree. I mean, god forbid you should actually eat on thanksgiving! :laugh:
    Besides, a lot of it could be water retention from the high amount of sodium.
    I'm sure I had a ton of salt yesterday. Flushing it out with lots of water today lol