Attention 5'8" (ish) WOMEN!!

Options

Replies

• poorlittlefish
    poorlittlefish Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We are twins. I am a 171lb, 5'8 inch apple :)
  • kawickham85
    kawickham85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'8" and i carry weight HORRIBLY. I am 118 back on my way down to 115 (as soon as i hit 120, i shift into weight loss mode to get back down to my ideal weight). I start looking pudgy at 125. it's quite unfortunate and makes no sense since i lift heavy weights frequently.
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'9, Currently weigh 145, chest = 36, waist = 29, hips = 37. I'm not trying to lose anymore weight but to get leaner. All of you are an inspiration to me, thank you x
  • flyawayrach
    flyawayrach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5'9.5" (little bit taller, but not by a lot)
    hips: 38/39 inches
    waist: 28/29 inches
    :)

EDIT: forgot to put my weight! I'm 159lbs :)
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm have an hour glass shape. I'm 5'8" and 145lbs. I have a 34 inch chest, 28 inch waist and 35 inch hips.
  • daniellerusbult1
    Options
    Do you ladies have a navel measurement? That is where my concern is :)
  • Roz2889
    Roz2889 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Measured navel this morning and was 26.8 inches. I'm 5'8" and weight 134lbs. Still have the stubborn fat hanging around my belly though, would love a flat stomach eventually.
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    5'8" and started out at 167 and it was all around my mid section

Got down to 134 and my waist waist never got under 30 inches - see my profile pic. I was very lean but had almost no definition at my waist :(

I've since put some weight back on and refuse to take pics or weigh in just yet but my waist is back up to 32 inches.
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You ladies are such an inspiration! Seriously! I am so glad that I got back into using this!!! Because without it, I think I would be discouraged. When I get down, I see the success stories and truly want to be one! Thanks for posting and being confident! We can do this ladies!! TOGETHER:)

Megan:)
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, started around 178, my naval measurement was around 40 to 41. I'm 154 to 156 right now, and naval is 37.5 to 38.5. Agh... Stomach leaves so slowly. Thighs started out at 26, and they're down to 22.5 to 23 now though. Waist was 35, and it's a 32 to 33 now. I just want my stomach to go down. >:(
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I currently weight 158....my goal is 150.

Don't have current measurements at the moment.
  • F1GHT4F1T
    F1GHT4F1T Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and pear shaped. My highest weight was 182, now I'm around 159. My belly button is about 31 inches. I'm looking to weigh between 138 and 143 lbs. You ladies are all lovely!!!
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My navel is not at the pudgy part of my belly.

Navel sits between true waist (the narrowest part) and the pudgy bit. The pudgy bit sits between navel and hips :laugh:

So I don't think it'd help to share those measurements. They are individual to me only and bear no relation to how conventional clothing sizes will sit.

Given my shape, and the lack of an actual tape measure to hand, I'll guess somewhere in the middle of 27.5 and 37.5 inches.
  • I am 5'8" and I carry all of my weight in my stomach and boobs. I don't really have hips so it just makes me look sort of pregnant at all times. I also have chicken legs, so I look a bit like an upside down triangle, haha!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to chime in and mention that basically ANY Jillian Michaels video done consistently and with a decent diet will take inches off your waist. If you read through posts concerning her workouts, you will hear person after person saying it. I had an apple shape and now I am an hourglass shape. When I started MFP in August 2012 my waist measurement was bigger than my boob measurement. Can't post pics now, but check out my profile pics OP.
  • rachaelbarton
    rachaelbarton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 28.5" around the waist. I'm pretty straight up and down.
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi all my fellow 5'8ers!!

I'm 133 lbs. Can anyone point me to a good place to learn how to measure properly? I think I'm 29" at the waist.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", currently weigh 159lb. You can see pics of me in my profile. I don't have "belly pics", but know that profile pic is from Sept. with the same weight as I am now. My weight is healthy for my build. I'm focused on body composition now.

Natural waist is 32". At the belly button is 34". I'm considered more "pear" than "apple".

I'd say to start working on a general goal, and as you get closer, you can adjust your goal inches and scale weight as your body changes. There's a wide range of healthy numbers for 5'8" women. Everyone's a little different.
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'8" and i carry weight HORRIBLY. I am 118 back on my way down to 115 (as soon as i hit 120, i shift into weight loss mode to get back down to my ideal weight). I start looking pudgy at 125. it's quite unfortunate and makes no sense since i lift heavy weights frequently.
    If that's you in the avatar pic, you look fine to me. You are quite tall, and that is really low bodyweight for a woman in the top 5% or so of the adult female height range.
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi all my fellow 5'8ers!!

I'm 133 lbs. Can anyone point me to a good place to learn how to measure properly? I think I'm 29" at the waist.
    Ha-ha! "fellow 5'8ers"! Nice little kind of exclusive club to be in.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!