weighing more on carpeted surface than on tiles

Options
soo i have this really weird experience today.. i weighed myself on tiled surface and it turned out to be 130lbs...i usually does it on carpeted surface.. i wasnt satisfied with what i was seeing.. i was down 8 lbs in a single day.. that couldnt happen, right? so i went back to a carpeted one and guess what..,. the weight machine.. just like that.. added 10 pounds :( .. what weight should i believe..
p.s: yesss.. i think it is a success story becuase i was down 10lbs if only for a moment ;)

Replies

• Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've had the same experience. Carpets cause the scale to get off balance. It's best to weigh on a smooth flat surface.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    there is a "sweet spot" on my tiled bathroom floor. Move the scale 1/4 inch, and I gain 3lbs IMMEDIATELY.
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Should always weight yourself on a hard surface. So I would say tiles
  • mamadukes23
    mamadukes23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    soo i have this really weird experience today.. i weighed myself on tiled surface and it turned out to be 130lbs...i usually does it on carpeted surface.. i wasnt satisfied with what i was seeing.. i was down 8 lbs in a single day.. that couldnt happen, right? so i went back to a carpeted one and guess what..,. the weight machine.. just like that.. added 10 pounds :( .. what weight should i believe..
    p.s: yesss.. i think it is a success story becuase i was down 10lbs if only for a moment ;)

Well seeing as the carpet is not an even surface id say believe the weight from the tiles.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!