How are you getting out of the thanksgiving slump?

Options
So yesterday, I ate a very reasonable amount and only ended up with 2,000 calories for the day (and tracking at a deficit: 1660). Today I just went plain over 600 because I still have bingeing troubles. However, I want to know what you guys do in order to feel cleaner and lighter after eating a lot. Tomorrow I know I'm sticking to my deficit and lifting in the morning, and the day is going to be relatively busy overall so I'll be staying active. Any other suggestions just to get rid of that icky feeling?

Replies

• iLOVEbabySARA13
    Options
    I just drink lots of water, eat well and exercise my butt off (mostly cardio after a rough day).

The biggest thing is making sure it doesn't defeat mentally.

"Don't let a bad day turn into a bad week!"
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    lots of water, and get back on your normal routine, would be my suggestions.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I ate 4000ish calories yesterday and I feel so yucky! I've been guzzling down water and trying to stick to fruit/veggies all day with the exception of some greek yogurt this morning and oatmeal.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Whiskey usually makes that icky feeling go away
  • Demon676
    Demon676 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of water.

Think of it as a new start. Its OK to have a lot to eat every now and again, specially when its a holiday celebration. What is important is getting back to normal asap after it. The sooner you recover and get back to your healthy eating, the less chance there is of it turning into a bad week, a bad month, etc.
  • mermaidstatus
    Options

I'm not exactly drinking age...

and thank you very much demon, kind of something I needed to hear. I just played Just Dance 4 and drank a bunch of water and now I feel much better!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Ran a 5K yesterday and got right back out their today and ran 2.3miles.
  • mermaidstatus
    Options
    that's impressive! I've never liked running much but I always admire people that do!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I'm not exactly drinking age...

and thank you very much demon, kind of something I needed to hear. I just played Just Dance 4 and drank a bunch of water and now I feel much better!

Oh, damn! That was meant tongue in cheek. I didn't check your age.

You want the truth? The gym. Lots of lifting and a little running.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Did 5 miles on the treadmill yesterday, plan on biking, doing some core work outs, dancing and such tonight. I only ate leftovers for one meal instead of two today. Lots of water and none of the beating myself up for eating over.
  • kekeleeks
    kekeleeks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of "turkey burn" classes that are happening in my area this week. I have gone to a class every day this week, including thanksgiving day. No time to get into slump because I am pushing myself hard this week to stay focused and reach my goals.