Losing Pregnancy Weight - STILL.....

Options
I am here to blast off the last 10lbs by heavy lifting and some cardio and eating healthy before i become pregnant for the second time......My first is already 2 and i haven't lost all the pregnancy weight....

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks. Pics are good too! Helps tell me that I can do it too!

Replies

• vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    How is your diet? Start with that.
  • PEIIslandGirl100
    PEIIslandGirl100 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Diet is eating healthy most days. Some days a little over. Some days alot over prob. Starting logging right now for today if i can remember what i ate.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure your food so you can be as accurate as possible. It's very easy to consume more calories than you think.
  • PEIIslandGirl100
    Options
    I just entered the food for today. Im sure about everything but my lunch which was obviously high in calories but it is def not logged correctly. I didn't count how many fries i ate and i didn't measure the sauces. Tomorrow will be better.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    It took me about 9 months to lose the weight after my first. I lost it in 1 year with my second and then went up 8lbs :( and took another year to get, and keep, the 8 off. For me being honest with myself about how much I was eating was the only way. Exercising is the easy part.
  • PEIIslandGirl100
    Options
    Ya, wish it was easy.....I've lost weight twice before prior to becoming pregnant. First time weight came on due to too much fatty food and sitting around in college. 2nd time was due to car accident and laid up for 3 months then back to unhealthy eating. THEN i lost all the weight was so small and so sexy happy and stuff and THEN got preggos. Gained 70lbs with the pregnancy. I want to have a 2nd child though so im gonna have to do this again. *sigh!!!! I'm 32 now so by the time im 35 I should be one hot smoking momma by never ever giving up and being good to my body by feeding it nutritious stuff. EASIER said then done!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I just had my second child in May. I gained 50 lbs with both my kids. What I've learned from being on this website and following those who have not only succeeded but continue to maintain their success is being honest about everything you eat and accurate. Consistency week in and week out. Don't get me wrong, we all slip up but it's how you approach after the fact that determines the longevity of success. I use TDEE -20% calculated from iifym.com and that is how I've lost 40 lbs in 5 months. I never cared for the eating back exercise with a baseline of 1200. I also weight lift 3x which I thoroughly enjoy. You can succeed and not have to cut anything out of your diet. Just stay within your budget and hit your macronutrient needs for health. And once you learn how to manage, you can go up to maintain, plus whatever doctor recommends and gain a smaller amount for kid number 2. I wished I had personally done this, as I get bad pregnant lol. All those DQ blizzards and big macs D:. Anyway, I wish you the best! You can do it!!
  • PEIIslandGirl100
    Options
    I just had my second child in May. I gained 50 lbs with both my kids. What I've learned from being on this website and following those who have not only succeeded but continue to maintain their success is being honest about everything you eat and accurate. Consistency week in and week out. Don't get me wrong, we all slip up but it's how you approach after the fact that determines the longevity of success. I use TDEE -20% calculated from iifym.com and that is how I've lost 40 lbs in 5 months. I never cared for the eating back exercise with a baseline of 1200. I also weight lift 3x which I thoroughly enjoy. You can succeed and not have to cut anything out of your diet. Just stay within your budget and hit your macronutrient needs for health. And once you learn how to manage, you can go up to maintain, plus whatever doctor recommends and gain a smaller amount for kid number 2. I wished I had personally done this, as I get bad pregnant lol. All those DQ blizzards and big macs D:. Anyway, I wish you the best! You can do it!!
    Thank you! Although, I kinda hate the thoughts of having to workout macros and meet them. Wouldnt just counting calories and staying within goal be enough, alone with my StrongLifts. Just finishing up week 12 actually....and then i do cardio twice a week roughly. Sometimes a little more but the strenuous cardio is twice a week.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    mig8.gif
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Had my second child in May and gained 40 pounds. Was back to pre-pregnancy weight 4 months postpartum (I lost 20 of it by the time I got home from the hospital so had 20 pounds to lose). I worked out 3 times a week doing cardio and weight machines at first. Then switched over to weight lifting exclusively and cut out the cardio. You can do it. You just have to be determined and not give up. For me, there was just NO WAY I wasn't going to be my pre-pregnancy weight again. It wasn't even an option in my mind.

I didn't take a pic when I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight and I have since lost a couple more pounds. Here's a 5 month postpartum shot. And I am in no way finished. My goal now is to look even better than I did before I had kids. :)

tummy2.jpg
  • PEIIslandGirl100
    Options
    Had my second child in May and gained 40 pounds. Was back to pre-pregnancy weight 4 months postpartum (I lost 20 of it by the time I got home from the hospital so had 20 pounds to lose). I worked out 3 times a week doing cardio and weight machines at first. Then switched over to weight lifting exclusively and cut out the cardio. You can do it. You just have to be determined and not give up. For me, there was just NO WAY I wasn't going to be my pre-pregnancy weight again. It wasn't even an option in my mind.

I didn't take a pic when I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight and I have since lost a couple more pounds. Here's a 5 month postpartum shot. And I am in no way finished. My goal now is to look even better than I did before I had kids. :)

tummy2.jpg

Awesome job!
  • LadyRavenSA
    Options
    My daughter turns 3 in 2 months, and I am stilling carrying my "pregnancy weight". I've told myself that I have got to change things if I ever want to get my body back in shape, so I've completely cut out soda, drinking a lot more water like I used to, trying not to eat too much red meat (not that I ever really went overboard, but I'm having it even less now), and also making sure I eat ENOUGH in the day.. Sometimes I'd go hours without eating then eat a mountain of bad food to make up for how I felt.

I've lost 4 lbs in 6 days, which I think is really good going. I have a loonnngg way to go still, so you're not alone in having to get rid of those stubborn pounds. :)

Oh.. Also.. One tip I have for everyone is to make sure you take all your supplements every day! Multi-vitamins, fish oil, etc. I take quite a lot of extra supplements for health reasons, but I can definitely tell that they make a difference on how successful your weight loss is.