I ate Thanksgiving leftover!! feeling guilty :(

Options
i didnt worry about eating over my limit yesterday, but we had sooo much left over, we had it for dinner again. (staying over my parents and they insisted my hubby and I stay for leftovers) I feel kind of guilty now and worry ill just go back 2 steps. what do you think, will i be ok or did i just ruin what ive worked hard for losing?

Replies

• marieskee
    marieskee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You will be fine! It is only two days. Just get back on track and wait for Christmas, because the same thing may happen lol.
    I went a little crazy but managed to stay under my allotted calories. Today I had leftovers and didn't fell bad. It was Thanksgiving and life happens but don't worry to much. Exercise it may make you feel better.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That's life! Just means you can do better the next day, I'm only letting myself indulge in the leftovers one meal out of the day. Now just do some crazy dancing around the living room, have some water, and be thankful that you've come this far!
  • aronao
    aronao Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    don't stress. in the long run it wont make a difference. maybe work out why you ate the leftovers (e.g. hungry and nothing else to eat, was sitting front and centre in the fridge) and try to have a plan to deal with the situation if it happens again. And life is to short not to enjoy festivities.
  • amrichards0711
    amrichards0711 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty! I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my family, and I have a ton of leftovers. I just had a plate for dinner, but in more moderation than yesterday. I've already gone a bit over my calorie goal, and I haven't had that piece of pie that I'm going to have later. I think my goal might be to eat at maintenance for a few days. Thanksgiving is once a year, and I make a few special things at Thanksgiving that I don't make at any other time of the year (pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, etc.). I want to enjoy them in moderation without feeling guilty because to me, if I feel guilty about every little thing I eat, that is not a healthy way to be, and I know that I won't be able to sustain that type of lifestyle for a lifetime. If I don't lose this week, that's ok. I think the important thing is that I am thinking about what I am eating--not eating mindlessly--and I am recognizing when I am full and stop and not just eating for the sake of it, or because it tastes good, or because I don't get it all of the time. It will still be there tomorrow.

Hang in there! You're doing fine!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 Thanksgiving meals yesterday & today. No regrets! Make a plan for tomorrow & pre log your food! That's what I'm doing right now. Drink plenty of water & do some HIIT.
  • lavender1742
    lavender1742 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I gained nearly 5lbs before thanksgiving even got here I over ate & wasn't able to go to the gym do to car problems today is the first on track day I've had in a week. Still not able to get to the gym which sucks. I'm in a group to loose 15 by Christmas and have basically undone my progress. Ugh FML SMH
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Guilt has no upside and plenty of downside. All you can do is try and do better.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    move on!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Food shouldn't make you feel guilty! Back at it tomorrow! A few days isn't going to derail you unless it turns into a couple of weeks, a couple of months, etc.
  • mylife4eva
    Options
    Food shouldn't make you feel guilty! Back at it tomorrow! A few days isn't going to derail you unless it turns into a couple of weeks, a couple of months, etc.

that makes sense. Thanks so much!
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Two days won't undo your progress just like two days won't make it! It's a lifestyle change- I indulged yesterday and am planning on having some leftovers today- I worked out extra today to accomodate it. I feel no guilt. Even if I hadn't done the extra workout, I would just get right back at it tomorrow. No need to view food as the enemy :)
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I searched this thread. I didn't eat any leftovers yesterday but I did today (more than I should have). I was feeling guilty about having all the leftovers in the fridge and knowing they would probably end up in the trash. Then I just decided that I would rather eat some leftovers than throw out all that food, but then I started thinking I probably shouldn't have done that.

But the truth is, it's the holiday season, and there will be more food around than usual, and if I gain a couple of pounds, then so be it. It doesn't mean that I should gain back all 75 lbs I lost....just means I will have to keep an eye on what I eat at other times.
  • Claremoak
    Claremoak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The leftovers were not my problem, it is like all the good habits I developed over the past year I ignored, even while telling myself I should not be eating the things I was eating, and the scale shows it. According to my weigh in this morning I gained 5 pounds in 4 days!

I did great on my Thanksgiving meal at noon. My problem is after all this time and weight lost I still cannot have desserts in my house! After everyone went home I still had desserts sitting on the counter and several pieces of them that night. The next morning I told myself I would get back on track and threw away one of the desserts. But then slowly worked on the other desserts the rest of the day before finally telling my daughter-in law to take them home with her.

I need to have my routine. I was off work for 4 days and ate very little fruit or vegetables, drank very little water and very little exercise. What a recipe for disaster!

I am dreading Christmas when I will be off work for two weeks.