Been feeling down in the dumps...

Options
So I'm a college student and the past two weeks has been crazy! I haven't been to the gym because of things due and now I am sick so more time off from the gym! Yesterday was thanksgiving and everyone made a point to point out how much weight I have gained =[ I have a workout plan and nutrition plan but I feel like no matter how well I eat or how closely I track my macros something will happen and I'll either not lose weight and lower my body fat =[

I'm pretty much trying to lower my body fat and gain muscle but for some reason I think it won't happen for me :(

Even though I haven't been in the gym I am still eating well

Replies

• txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    We all do the best with what we got at any given time. Being healthy and losing weight is a good goal and important... but it's not what this life is all about.

What do you want out of life? Will being healthy and strong help help you achieve those? Focus on the big picture. Not the minutia.
  • Brunette122
    Brunette122 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    who are these people that are pointing out how much weight you've gained??? that's not nice. im sure that doesn't help the situation.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This might not be a popular opinion, but I strongly encourage you to take a week off. Totally! Give yourself a full week to catch up with school, destress and get over being sick without the pressure of counting calories or hitting the gym. Trust me, I'm a busy college student as well and know all too well that if you don't take time for yourself then you're simply delaying an even bigger issue. ER visits are no fun mah dear!
  • LaurenEllexx
    LaurenEllexx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It was my grandfather who said that
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You will outlive your grandfather. Ignore him.

Decide that you are in this for the long haul and don't worry about individual rough weeks. Perspective is a good thing to have. Being healthy is a lifetime progression. Finals time is not the time to worry about lost gym time, being ill isn't the time either. Just make the best decisions you can and then when you're feeling better, you can return to the gym and conquer it all.
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Your grandfather should no better than to say something hurtful like that.
    If you're doing all the hard work you're doing and not losing you must just about be your perfect BMI.
    Don't worry.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    Last time I checked, this was about whole-life choices, not short-term fixes.

You also need to realise that many people have a vested interest in you failing. It makes them feel better about their own sh!tty lives ...

Ignore those *kitten*. Move on.

[Edit - not calling your grandfather a *kitten*, per se, but people who are unhappy deal with it in one of two ways. They either do something about it, or they bring someone else down to make themselves feel better ...]
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Ignore what anyone says about you. People love to see others fail when they can't do something themselves.
  • LaurenEllexx
    LaurenEllexx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! It just put me in a rut to hear those words