My eating habits are out of control

Options
Earlier this month, I put myself on an extremely restrictive diet of 1,000 calories per day, only raw fruit and vegetables, no carbs or dairy. I kept it up for a few weeks but then slowly started to slide. This week, I have gone in the complete opposite direction. I have been living off instant noodles and potato chips, and have been consuming up to around 1,700 calories a day. Past 'diets' have included starvation, and living off soup alone. I am so scared that my eating habits from this week will make me gain weight.

I can't seem to control my eating or stick to a healthy plan no matter what. I go through cycles of extreme deprivation/restriction, to extreme irresponsible eating habits. I enforce all these rules on myself and put so much emphasis on what I eat, that when I slip up I hate myself. It's all I ever think about.

I am 18 years old, 5'3 and 119 lbs. If I gain any weight, I will definitely begin to look fat and that terrifies me more than you could imagine. Yet I've eaten mindlessly for a whole week. I need help, some advice or anything. I want to stop this. Also, is it likely that I will gain weight from a week of overeating following weeks of deprivation?

Replies