No Eating Out November!!!!

Options
For budget and health reasons, a group of my friends and i have decided to try to go the entire month of November buying absolutely no restaraunt food of any kind.
No ordering pizza, chinese, deli delivery at home, no fast food, no "night's out", no theatre candy.
However: frozen food and ready made meals from home are allowed. I realize some of us work in corporate offices and they tend to discourage cooking over an open flame and etc. :)
Since the majority of uncontrolled calorie intake stems from eating processed or restaraunt foods... was wondering if anyone else would like to join?

it'll be a Tupperware revival! :)

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, this will be kinda tricky for me. dh and I like to go out together once or twice a month, but I'll join in!!
  • mrocka
    mrocka Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i would like to be apart!! but can i start fresh today? i had a small chilli & a plain baked potatoe from Wendy's yesterday!! lol
  • kistjo
    kistjo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    too funny i just challenged myself to this last night so you bet i will join!!
  • Tems
    Tems Posts: 16
    Options
    It is going to be a challenge but worth a try so count me in...
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    We are going out for Thanksgiving (which will stop me from eating all the leftovers but other than that I could try to do this)
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    count me in!!
    i dont eat out a lot but i do find myself buying the odd bag of crisps and bottles of pop a few times a week which needs to stop!!
  • TheLotusBlossom
    Options
    That would be a tremendous challenge for me! I eat out at least 2x/day. Bad...I know. I eat Sheetz for breakfast and Zaxby's for lunch. Those are really the only two places I eat out really - like fast food/mto food. Me and my boyfriend like to eat at a local Mexican resturant every now and then. I'm going to try to do this. Friend me people. I just signed up yesterday. I've already broken the rule yesterday and today. Zaxby's for lunch yesterday and Sheetz this morning. But, lunch starts a fresh start for me. Good luck MFP!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    For budget and health reasons, a group of my friends and i have decided to try to go the entire month of November buying absolutely no restaraunt food of any kind.
    No ordering pizza, chinese, deli delivery at home, no fast food, no "night's out", no theatre candy.
    However: frozen food and ready made meals from home are allowed. I realize some of us work in corporate offices and they tend to discourage cooking over an open flame and etc. :)
    Since the majority of uncontrolled calorie intake stems from eating processed or restaraunt foods... was wondering if anyone else would like to join?

it'll be a Tupperware revival! :)
    Someone started a thread yesterday for the start of the month on this very topic!:flowerforyou: So lots of folks are interested =)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/131063-november-fast-food-challenge
  • DebbieDuffy09
    Options
    Sure I will join! I was sick yesterday so hubby just brought in some pizza but today and for the rest of the month no fast food! Or any resteraunty type food...
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    You can start whenever!
    Honestly I just wanted to see if this is something my husband and I could do. We eat out so often that nearly every place in our town has specific waiters that know us by name.
    This isn't just for fast food though, this also includes "eat-in" restaraunts, vending machines, and gas stations/coffee shops.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    well so far i have done well -only bought one subway (the day we moved house) and 2 bags of quavers (on different days!!)
    hope to keep it up!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    we had to take the puppy to the ER at 2 am Sunday and wound up picking up Taco Bell on the way home since we hadn't eaten since lunch. other than that though we haven't even had Starbucks since 11/1!