"How far along are you?"

Options
I hate getting asked if I am pregnant constantly because all my fat seems to gather in my stomach. I am eating better.... not the best possible and exercising. I still feel bloated. :/

Replies

• livingpaperdoll1
    Options
    Don't let peoples ignorance get to you. Hang in there. I am a very big girl, but have allot smaller mid section since I started doing Zumba a year ago. It's an option. Or maybe Yoga? You got this girl!!! :)
  • AllisonMarisa
    AllisonMarisa Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I totally have the chronic "go straight to my belly" unproportional weight gain, and it totally bugs me. I cringe when people ask how far along I am. I try not to let it get to me, but sometimes when it happens, it'll just get to me. I wish I could say something to make it easier, but it just stinks!

You're not alone, and IMO people are totally rude to assume!
  • aurora_spring
    Options
    I feel you! When I get above a certain weight I get asked this question. It hasn't happened in a long time, though. I used to work in a customer service role and I would wear shirts that emphasized my waist so that made it worse. :P I was upset the first time it happened. But after that I would laugh or simply tell them I'm not expecting. I tried to keep in mind these people weren't trying to be rude. Usually they were the the ones who got embarrassed after I told them I was not pregnant.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Exactly how I carried my weight - When I lived at my old house over 10 years ago, I took an hour walk every morning @ 6 AM , I walked with a neighbor, after 3 months of walking someone approached me from one of the houses I passed by each morning --- total stranger to me and she says she has been watching us thru her window every day and she could see how high I was carrying and when she saw me this morning she noticed I was carrying very low so she says did you just delivery the baby? or are you do this week ? I could feel my face turn red !! I uttered I delivered a healthy little boy ! OMG I was devastated ! Never walked past that house ever again ! lol People have some nerve !!