25 YO female from SoCal; new here!

Options
Hi guys,

My current weight is about 155 lb. and I'm looking to decrease to 135 lb.; I'm really afraid I won't be able to...I've never lost weight the healthy way, only through stress/anxiety or drugs. I'm relatively in shape, run 3 miles about 3x a week, but i've gained weight since entering the work force after college. I know it'll only get harder to lose the older I get, so I want to make my relationship with food healthy today, and not 5 years from now.

Anyone advice/experience in that realm? Looking forward to connecting with you all.

Replies

• ElectricDragon
    ElectricDragon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The MFP food and exercise diary will help you to shed light on your eating habits and can allow you to make improvements and figure out a weight loss strategy. Just be consistent with logging and try to be as accurate as possible (without crossing the boundary into territory that will make you stressed/anxious of course).

My biggest piece of advice is to make small changes slowly and go at a pace that is comfortable for you. Small changes really do add up over time and have noticeable results. Good luck!
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I agree, just start with logging, and welcome:)