4 Months In

Options
I won't go into a huge story about how I got to the weight I got to, or what have you. I'll leave that for when I reach my goal weight!

I'm now 4 months in and have lost 20lbs and 21 inches overall. That's almost halfway to my goal weight of 120lbs. I didn't think it was a lot until yesterday when I did a before and after side and front photo. Sharing photos of myself, especially front on has been really hard. I have really low self esteem with social and general anxiety. I shared this with friends and family on Facebook and Instagram yesterday after feeling anxious about it for ages (I was literally shaking!). It went fine of course!

I decided to share here. Left was taken on August 18th (not technically a before, but my before images aren't appropriate in my eyes lol) and right was taken yesterday (November 29th). Not sure what the weight was at on the left, maybe around 170lbs (174lbs when I started). Right was 154lbs.

nysbeforeafter.jpg

I've been eating around 1300 calories since I started, though they started getting too low for my likings. I'm slowly increasing them to 1400. I've mostly eaten what I wanted within reason. I still have chocolate, fast food, take away etc but much less frequently. I've done a variety of exercises, but have mostly been doing Focus T25 for the past 10 weeks which has made all the difference in the inches I've lost I believe.

Waist: 35 down to 30
Hips: 42 down to 37.5
Bust: 42 down to 36.5
Bicep: 14 down to 12
Wrist: 8 down to 6
Thigh: 27 down to 24.5

Main things I have noticed: I have biceps and especially triceps I can see and feel (never could in the past, even when I was 115lb). I can feel hard abs under my much reduced layer of tummy fat. My quads are much stronger (had patella tracking 2 months ago but has improved a lot). I'm much more flexible. I can workout a lot longer now. I know my heart and lungs are much stronger already (ex-smoker, 169 days in).

My aim now is to slow my weight loss down slightly (eating a bit more), but still continuing with Focus T25, and other workouts I discover. New year I will start running as I have a deal with a friend (who I apparently inspired to lose weight as well) to enter a 10K next November.

Replies

• jonmscharff
    jonmscharff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats on all your hard work. I'm sure you will reach your goal and will be posting another round of photos at your goal weight!

Jonathan
  • millionairesstv
    millionairesstv Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fabulous a true inspiration thank u for sharing:smile:
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awesome!......Congratulations on quitting smoking! You look great!!
  • smithbeck2
    smithbeck2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done!!
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. Fine job.
  • nikki4208
    nikki4208 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Nice job!! Well done!! You look Fab!!:wink:
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Such a huge difference! You look great! Keep it up!
  • MzExclusive85
    Options
    You have done so well and you look great!! congrats to you and thanks for sharing your progress with us all!!
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress. Keep the focus. You're doing wonderful.
  • willtry08
    willtry08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your success! You look great. Plus you've quit smoking and are inspiring others. Your list of successes keeps growing and growing! Wtg :)
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Looking great!
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome :)
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You should be proud :)

I love this subsection of the message boards - real feelgood factor as a result of willpower and hard, hard work :)
  • NyssaDuck
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. :flowerforyou: I find it hard sometimes to see the differences but seeing your comments is helping me see I should keep going. :smile:
    Fantastic! You should be proud :)

I love this subsection of the message boards - real feelgood factor as a result of willpower and hard, hard work :)

Yeah, the success stories is one of my favourite sections. Seeing how hard everyone has worked is very inspiring. :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!