HERBALIFE-Over 100 pounds to lose

Options

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I got all excited once when I was unemployed in 2012 because I saw this cool ad in the paper where they wanted people to be sort of like personal trainer/life coaches. I had nothing to lose since I wasn't working. I had already lost 50+ pounds using MFP, eating at a calorie deficit and exercising so I thought, why not...my story might be inspiring and I can help others lose weight.

Well...they called me after receiving my response to the ad. They wanted me to sell Herbalife. What a let down. I said, "No thanks."
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Why waste money on the shakes when you have this for free?

43591-THIS-gif-ECaV.gif
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You can add me :) I have about 140lb to lose in total.

I'm not doing herbalife but have done it before twice. It didnt work for me hence why im now on here lol. It worked great while I was on the shakes but due to money issues I couldn't afford it. Thanks to my calories being controlled by shakes I hadn't learnt how to eat properly and so as soon as I was on 'real' food again the weight piled back on. That said although it didnt work for me there were people at the herbalife meetings who had done fab on the program and really found it worked for them so I guess its a personal thing.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Save the money you will spend on the Herbalife for new clothes after you lose the weight.
    Spend your grocery money on fresh meat, fruit, veggies, nuts, and real herbs and spices. Cut out the majority of grains and grain products. This way you will already be eating in a sustainable way to keep the weight off for life.

I used no supplements to lose my weight. Just ate REAL FOOD, strength training and walking/jogging/hiking.

You can to.

Feel free to send FR if you want
  • TheCredibleHuIk
    TheCredibleHuIk Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Why are you wasting money on Herbalife? It makes no difference.

Yours sincerely,

The Credible Hulk
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have lost 75 pounds and kept it off for 2 years...know all about plateau's, going over a day or 2, great meals, etc. add me if you would like.

BTW - it is all about calories. Simple stuff. Calories expended > calories in = weight loss.
  • b0nnyd0g
    b0nnyd0g Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like :) I have just got to target after starting with Herbalife in May and losing approx 33lbs. I use it in conjunction with tracking calories on MFP like any other food so providing I keep tracking my maintenance calories cant see any reason why I should immediately put it all back on again as some anti-shake people suggest. I buy Herbalife items and I buy regular food items - it all costs and I am at target so I am happy :) I am also happy to people achieving success with other methods, each to our own xxx
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Don't do the shakes please. I lost weight several times like this. I ALWAYS PUT IT BACK ON. This time I did it with proper eating and exercise and it HAS STAYED OFF. Plus It has not cost me a fortune. My friend was selling Herbalife, her hubby lost weight, but guess what, he put it all back on!!!!! If you want long lasting results, you need to change your lifestyle, permanently. If you can see yourself drinking shakes for the rest of your life, go for it, otherwise, learn to eat properly.
    Oh and by the way, herbalife is a pyramid selling scheme, so the value of this product is half what you pay, the rest goes in commission to your supplier, the person who recruited them, they person they were recruited by etc etc.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Lol I think cheech and Chong liked the herbalife
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Yours sincerely,

The Credible Hulk

Stop looking for fake crap. Do the only thing that works long term, knowing what you consume and burn. Listen to that hulk!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options

Yours sincerely,

The Credible Hulk

Stop looking for fake crap. Do the only thing that works long term, knowing what you consume and burn. Listen to that hulk!

I do agree with the waste of money part in this one. A lot of people report great success with Herbalife but when it comes to stopping the shakes, they put the weight back on as well as additional weight. If you lose weight through dieting and exercising you will not only lose the weight, but educate yourself on what type of foods to eat after the journey and how to keep the weight off. Losing weight and being fit isn't just a temporary solution, it is a lifestyle change!
    .. Just my two cents.

But Goodluck! :flowerforyou:
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am not using herbalife either but feel free to add me i could always use more friends....I am 1 lb away from my 1st goal...i have tried similar gimmicks in the past and although they work at the time unless you are a millionaire that can afford the special meal plans shakes etc the likelihood of the weight staying off is slim (pardon the pun)

I think in order to get the weight off and more importantly keep it off it is as much a mental change as a physical one,

good luck

charlie,
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Why waste money on the shakes when you have this for free?

Wait... are you saying that I don't have to buy expensive shakes and I can lose weight just by eating less and exercising more? Surely not? :noway:
  • missythumper
    missythumper Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used Herbalife years ago, but I've managed to lose as much in three pounds by utilizing this site, changing my eating habits and ensuring to exercise AT LEAST 30 minutes per day.

Always looking for new friends to be accountable with. Feel free to add me.
  • missythumper
    Options
    sorry … *managed to lose as much in three MONTHS*
  • missythumper
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS charliex2202!
  • lou_1992
    Options
    hi everyone. i would like some advice about herbalife.

i have started this today and i like it so far (only got a chocolate shake and the tea) i love the shake but the tea is not that nice. i'm just wondering if there is anything i can put in it (eg milk...) to make it more bearable.

Thanks

Louise
  • ashleypualani
    Options
    Hello everyone'

I started herbalife today. Replacing breakfast and lunch with the shakes and a regular small portioned healthy lunch. Looking up good ideas for 2 healthy snacks a day. I have all the supplements included in the Ultimate package. I already exercise about 5 days out the week averaging 2 hours a day. Very active. I also do not eat too bad either.

Decided to try it out because I know and seen quite a few people who have had great results and continue to get great results. Really excited about this journey! If anyone has any advice or meal/snack recipes feel free to comment.

Thanks everyone!

Also, I've had surgery for scoliosis when I was 14 and am now 25. Not sure how heavy the hardware in my back is but I currently weigh roughly 200lbs and am 5'6"
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi, Well I'm not using Herbalife but I am going to lose about 181 Lbs.

I would love to Check in with you.
    Kiki
  • Kimberly114
    Options
    WOW100 pounds? Congratulations to you. I'm trying to lose 120 ponds but how did you get your minds set right and how did you stay motivated? I've been working out 3x a week for 1 hour I, I had lost 5 pounds but ate some Thanksgiving food (but I didn't over due it) then weighed myself 2 days later an picked up 4 pounds( is that possible) but that has discouraged me so bad and I'm trying to get my head back in the game but feeling upset with myself, how if at all did you get over your humps? Thank you in advance