Sticking with it!?

Options
Good morning MFP!

This is my 2nd time (2nd day) starting MFP! I always have a hard time sticking to something for more than a few day to a week. I'm hoping that I can find some friends to request to help with the staying on track. I currently eat out 2x/day. Only eat MTO food/fast food at Sheetz and Zaxby's. Would love to continue eating that, but would love even more to stop it as often. Thanks in advance for you help!

MDBRN10

Replies

• DebbieDuffy09
    Options
    Welcome.... you can eat fast food just make sure you log in all that you eat so that it can be an eye opener of how much stuff you actually eat. Plus don't forget to exercise... You can do it!!!!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You can do this.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time staying motivated as well. I always get healthy, exercise regularly and eat right, and then hit a slump. I'm not sure how to avoid it this time. It worries me...

Eating out is okay, I think, as long as you pay attention to what you're eating. My grandma really, really likes McDonald's, and it's sort of expected that I'll take her there. So I do, but I get a grilled chicken sandwich or salad and some apple dippers or the fruit and walnut snack. You can still get a burger, but skip the fries and soda. I picked up "Eat This, Not That 2011" and have used Calorie King in the past . That way you can see how different foods compare:

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-fast-food-chains-restaurants_c-Y2lkPTIxJmJpZD04OTcmc2lkPS0x.html

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/category.php?brand_id=2317&Go=Go&category_id=21&subcat_id=-1&action=viewbrand

Sometimes it's healthier to get the burger instead of what seems like the healthy choice (a salad or a turkey burger).

ETA: Sorry about the ugly, non-linking links. I can't figure out how to insert a hyperlink!
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    A lot of times when I go to McD's I get a burger and either fruit and yogurt parfait, fruit and walnut salad or a side salad. It's not so bad then!
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great for keeping you on track and helping you reach your goals - if you can make yourself log in everyday the people and tools on here will help with the rest:) Best of luck - you can do it - feel free to add me for support!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You can fit fast food into your diet, but because they are high in fat and calorie, they can limit the amount of food you can eat for the day. You can counteract this by increasing your exercise for the day, but there is something in the ingredient of fast food that will make it harder for you to reach your weight loss goal. I had to give up my addiction for the "breakfast brioche" from the bakery shop next door to my job. In time, you may be able to let go as your determination increases. It took me a loooonnnng time, but the day eventually came.