HCG today

Options
I'm going to the doctor today for HCG drops. I don't know a lot about this method of weight loss, but would like to loose some weight quickly. Any ideas, tips, concerns?

Replies

• Wendy543
    Options
    its very very strict diet, i used it i thinking of going on it again i lost 20lbs on it. i would be sure to read all the paperwork before you go on it there are alot of things you need to stop doing like using chapstick or body creams (that was very hard for me to do lol) feel free to msg me or add me
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    tip, idea and concern: go research what you are about to put your body through before blindly starting HCG.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    yah i did it for a little while and saw results very quickly (first 3 days i wanted to eat my dog) but it got better and you dont really feel hungry but if you cheat you know it!
  • bspz
    bspz Posts: 7
    Options
    I have heard good things about this diet. However, any diet that restricts your caloric intake to 500 per day will work. On that diet you are not allowed any sugars at all either. So you will likely be eating plain veggies and lean protein, which doing just that will lead to rapid weight loss without putting the pregnancy hormones into your body. So, I am skeptical that the hormones are really the key to the success. Just so you know, you can buy the drops on e-bay for a fraction of the cost. I am sure doctors will say theirs are more effective etc etc. But, I know people who have been very successful with the ones they purchased on line. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to exercise on this diet either because of the extreme calorie restriction. It sounds so tempting but personally such sever restrictions set me up for failure.
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    (first 3 days i wanted to eat my dog)

OMG! That was TOO funny!
  • mcanals123
    Options
    i tried it for about two weeks and only lost like 5 lbs which i gained right ba as son as i stopped. its a very strict diet where u can only eat 500 cals a day u cant work out or use any oils, creams or lipstick. also will give u the worse headaches ever trust me i wanted to die lol heres a few websites with some info and stuff. hope this helps

http://hcgcoach.com/recipes.shtml#Mash

http://www.ihealthdirectory.com/hcg-diet-recipes/
  • Irisherinfun
    Options
    I am doing this diet now... it is really important you read all of the literature and follow the plan to a tee.... if you cannot commit to the plan, you may have negative results... I have lost 14 lbs in 6 days on the very low calorie (VLCD) portion of this so far....
  • busybowmans
    Options
    I recommend it. I've been doing it for over a month and have lost over 20 lbs. The suggestion to read the plan carefully is a good one. If you cheat with sugars or carbs, you will not see the loss but if you need to eat a bit more, go for protein. I find that the weight loss looks different with this diet. My belly is deflating but my cheeks and boobs aren't shriveling. It's targeting the unhealthy fat, not my structural fat and that is a good thing! I feel more upbeat and energetic too.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    i'll be honest. i think this diet is TERRIFYING! eating that little calories, not being allowed to exercise and not allowed to....wear chapstick and body lotion O.o? personally i think that right there should scare you off. anything with as RIDICULOUS rules as this cant be good for you. (that and diet pills are just a crutch!)

you dont have to be buddhist to appreciate the buddhist principal of moderation (i'm not buddhist and i find this facet of that religion to be inspiring and FABULOUS! and very true!) going to ANY extreme is NOT good for you. starving yourself is just as bad as over eating. limiting yourself to barely anything is silly. but moderating what you eat and do....now THAT makes sense.

personally, it worries me that any doctor would be ok with this diet.
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I hope it works for you. Good luck!

I prefer to lose weight slowly; it's more sustainable to maintain slow losses, i don't have to worry about saggy skin, it's easier on my internal organs, and, I know if I do it the good old fashioned way, I'll be learning how to make better choices along the way.
  • Irisherinfun
    Options
    It is not just about the calorie cut... if you cut down to 500 calories per day without the HCG ... YOU WILL FAIL! The HCG is a horomone that aids in the metabolism of your unwanted "abnormal" fat stores. These fat stores are also rich in Vitamins, proteins and minerals that are used by your body... and the waste is eliminated. The reason for the 500 cals is that this fat that is being metabolized is also in your blood stream and your body is using it for fuel... you will not need, nor physically feel the desire to ingest more than 500 cal per day.... YOUR MIND WILL TELL YOU YOU NEED TO... these are habits of unhealthy eating that we have adopted over the years...

Also the HCG diet is temporary.... there is a recovery plan... but you have to do the research and be very strict ... there are no loop holes and there are no exceptions... you will be clensing your body and you will not have saggy skin as you would if you did a weight loss surgery...

The only way you can decide is to read the material... I researched for 2 weeks before I made a decision....

You will also need to be prepared for everyone and their mother to tell you your are doing things the wrong way, it's unhealthy, and all off the other excuses you are now reading on this blog to persuade you to keep away.... you need to make the decision yourself... for yourself and only yourself...

----Fellow HCGer
    Down 14 lbs
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    i'll be honest. i think this diet is TERRIFYING! eating that little calories, not being allowed to exercise and not allowed to....wear chapstick and body lotion O.o? personally i think that right there should scare you off. anything with as RIDICULOUS rules as this cant be good for you. (that and diet pills are just a crutch!)

you dont have to be buddhist to appreciate the buddhist principal of moderation (i'm not buddhist and i find this facet of that religion to be inspiring and FABULOUS! and very true!) going to ANY extreme is NOT good for you. starving yourself is just as bad as over eating. limiting yourself to barely anything is silly. but moderating what you eat and do....now THAT makes sense.

this this this!!!

I'm on the EHE diet and it is working fabulously!!!! No side effects, no dangerous drugs, NO crazy restrictions. 100% effective!
  • nurse_jenie
    Options
    Very well said Irisherinfun! Read Pounds and Inches (you can google it and get it for free) it will give you a real good understanding of the HCG Diet.
  • cwelsh
    cwelsh Posts: 12 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly.
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the doctor today for HCG drops. I don't know a lot about this method of weight loss, but would like to loose some weight quickly. Any ideas, tips, concerns?

I don't know anything about HCG - aside from what I read on this site so I can't speak about it specifically but I will say that I am concerned that you know very little about this method - even speaking with your doctor may not shed light on the efficacy or safety of this diet. The only advice I would give is get as much info as you can before deciding on this [or any other weight loss method]. Especially since this calls for some kind of injectable hormone. There's a thread in the Motivation & Support Forum that may be helpful as well.