help with the recipe tab please

Options
I am new to this and was wondering about the recipe tab. It says to enter the recipe but it won't let me put in 1 lbs of ground turkey. I have to choose either 1 oz or 4 oz. I understand that that is what a serving size should be but how does it know what the correct amount is in this recipe? i.e. if there is 1 lbs of ground turkey and 1 chopped onion but it only let's me put in 4 oz then how does it know what the recipe is and therefore the proper serving size and cals distributed amount the 6 people. Please help.

Replies

• LongHoller
    Options
    Put in 4-4 oz. servings=16 oz=1lb. Then you can say that it makes 4 servings.
  • mnb1982
    Options
    yea....just figured that....duh. lol guess I was hoping for an easier way then having to convert everything each time. sounds lazy but the less time at the computer, the better. got more active things to do :)
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Put in 4-4 oz. servings=16 oz=1lb. Then you can say that it makes 4 servings.

^^^ This. Multiply or divide the ingredients until you get the total amount needed for the recipe. Sometimes you have to get creative- especially when dividing 1/3 cup(5T+1t=16tsp) or 1 Tbsp (1tsp=0.33T).

If there are more than 2 servings, I usually end up serving the entire dish out even if I have to immediately put it away for lunch the next day, just so its accurate. The recipes really come in handy for the diary. :smile:
  • mnb1982
    Options
    Thank you very much. I'm planning on starting to pre-make meals and portion so that way I can enter my recipes and portions once a week (sundays will be my meal day-lol if all goes as planned) then this will be much easier. All I'll have to do is plug it in from my recipes.....fingers crossed that this will go as planned :)

P.S. thank you for all of your help. this is great. Do you know if there is any place to add progression pics or measurements?