NOT waiting for New Year's

Options
My name is Val. I'm 30 and have at least 200 lbs to lose. Wow...it's so hard to type that.

But!

I'm not wasting another day waiting for Monday/New Years/etc. I'm starting TODAY. Right now I'm going for a walk. I already tracked my lunch. I'm starting off my New Year's feeling *good*, not depressingly writing resolutions I know will be broken.

I'd LOVE all the motivation and friends I can get :D Here's to us, starting great habits!!

Replies

• BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a good start with your plan. Good luck with everything.
  • fabfitnessx2
    Options
    Awesome!!! Welcome!! (:
  • Panda307
    Panda307 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm also 30, and just got back on here. I finally have a gym buddy, and slowly I'm learning how to eat right! I'll send you a request :smile:
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will do great here! :flowerforyou:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    No time like the present! You can do this!!!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Fantastic way to succeed!!! Not waiting for a future date, is the best way to get where you want to be!!! Congratulations on your first step to your new life!!! :-)
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi Val, Today is the best day to start. Take it slow and dont rush the process. Start out eating a decent amount of calories but at a deficit of what you burn and you will lose. Exercise as well.

If you are following the MFP method, eat most of the cals you burn during exercise as that is how this system is designed.

If you have not already bought them, get measuring cups and a food scale to REALLY see what and how much you are eating.

Good luck to you.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You know you're serious about this when you refuse to wait for a "special day" or new year to begin. There's no time like the present and you'll feel even better when 2014 begins and you've already got some good habits established. Good luck, you can do it!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hi Val !
    Love the post and new determination. you CAN do this. one day at a time. You're right, today IS a GREAT day to start. Mark it down. November 30, 2013. The first day that started to change Everything.
  • NEWYEARNEWME2014
    NEWYEARNEWME2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :smile: Good 4 you! You can do this:bigsmile: . For me I am starting dec 1st. The 1st to jan 3rd I am going to work on my eating habits and make them better then after I will work on my exercise.
    I am 37 working on being 38 and being healthy.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You may want to consider joining the 100+ Plus Pounds to lose group for others who are on a similar path. Here's to a healthier 2014! :smile:
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    You know you're serious about this when you refuse to wait for a "special day" or new year to begin. There's no time like the present and you'll feel even better when 2014 begins and you've already got some good habits established. Good luck, you can do it!
    ^This :)
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp, and feel free to add me. There is no time like the present. I started here July 1 at 305lbs so I know what it's like when u have a lot to lose. Take it one lb at a time and in the end u will reach your goals.
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    im not waiting either.im startin dec.1.i started this in feb of 2013.but i havent lost much so starting now im getting seriour since i have no friends and my kids will be in school for 3 houts 4 days a week.gotta do something with my life.and the way i choose is by getting health.im 25.
  • sonyabracho
    Options
    You can do this! Just take it one day at a time and focus on that. Don't let the amount you have to lose discourage you. You'll lose it the same way people with 20 pounds to lose do- 1 day at a time of making good choices. :)
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Great attitude to have, welcome!
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Exactly the right attitude you need to give those 200 the boot and be the person you'd like to be! I have 80 to go and will be with you every step of the way, if you like.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    No time like the present !

Make healthy choices at each meal ....... move more each day ..... and log everything !

Best of luck to you :drinker:
  • AYELLOWROSE17
    Options
    Hi Val, sounds like you have the motivation it takes to do this. I believe you can. I believe I can too. I am hoping to get about 50 pounds off my body. I don't know how long it will take me, but I need to. I am sending you a friend request.:smile:
  • jobegone
    Options
    I hear ya !!! Started this, got really into it then broke my phone which resulted in me slacking abit on the counting side of things, still exercised and stuff but I know just from getting a general idea of cals in things from using this that I was going over my daily goal. Thought oh well, it's nearly Christmas, there's no point in properly starting again then realised what a pathetic thing that was to say. Christmas is 23days away and also only ONE day so no, I'm back to logging and measuring etc and I will not be derailed !!!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you need more support :)