AMAZING pumpkin pancakes!

Options
kelly_c_77
kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/11/17/pumpkin-pancakes/

I have made these 5 times this week (4 times for breakfast and once for dinner)! They are the most amazing pancakes ever and I eat the whole batch myself! I would feel selfish if I didn't share the recipe!

Pumpkin Pancakes
◾1/2 cup spelt, all-purpose, or Bob’s gf flour
◾just under 1/4 tsp salt
◾1/4 tsp baking soda
◾1 tsp baking powder
◾1/2 tsp cinnamon
◾1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
◾only if using gf flour, add 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
◾pinch stevia, or 2 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
◾up to 1/2 cup milk of choice, depending on flour choice and on desired pancake thickness (add up to 2 tbsp more if using stevia)
◾1/2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
◾level 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp pumpkin or sweet potato puree
◾2 tsp oil or 1 extra tbsp pumpkin puree
◾1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe: In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, whisk together all liquid ingredients. Pour dry ingredients into wet, and stir together to form a batter. Lightly grease a skillet, then place the skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot, drop small ladles of batter onto the skillet. Be sure to spread out the batter so it doesn’t sit in the middle of each pancake. Flip pancakes, using a spatula, when the edges begin to look dry. Allow to cook one minute longer, then remove from heat. Makes about 16 pancakes the size of the ones in the photos. TIP: Test the heat of your skillet by throwing a few drops of water onto the surface. When the water sizzles, the pan is ready for the pancake batter. (Pancakes in the photos are made with the gluten-free flour option.)

I use white whole wheat flour and unsweetened almond milk. I skip the oil and do a 1/2 cup of pumpkin. For the sweetener, I do 2 tbsp. of Stevia. MFP calculates it out to be 260 for the whole batch. They are so fluffy that they really don't even need syrup...but I add sugar free syrup anyway just because I love it! I even added 1 tbsp. of mini chocolate chips a few times!
ENJOY!

Replies