BETTER workouts than Insanity?

Options
Insanity's been like the 'major' workout I've been doing recently. Or have done. I wasn't able to finish it before and now I'm planning to start over and finish it this time.

BUT I was just wondering if there are better options than Insanity to lose weight and burn fat.

Replies

• johncowart
    johncowart Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What kept you from completing Insanity? That program will melt the fat right off of you.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Just keep it moving, change your workouts and eat sensibly. There are a ton of workouts on DVD and YouTube available.
    Here are a few legit, free, YouTube workouts.
    HasFit
    BeFit in 90
    Fitness Blender
    I lost 25lbs doing HasFit and BeFit in 90
  • mmargarette
    mmargarette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What kept you from completing Insanity? That program will melt the fat right off of you.

I had a beach trip at the end of the month that I did Insanity for but I started first with almost 2 weeks of 30DS so I lacked days to finish the first month of Insanity. After the trip, I slacked off. :(
  • 7L551
    7L551 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How long did you go with Insanity? I have the same issue, I started doing it but then got lazy and stopped after the end of the 2nd week :P
    Also how much weight did you lose?

Insanity is amazing and it targets fat all around your body so it is perfect. BUT if you want something.... simpler? you can try either going to the gym or buying an Elliptical trainer machine, that machine is amazing and you'd burn up to 850 calories every 60 min (close to Shaun T).

But again it all depends on you :)

Good luck :D
  • mmargarette
    mmargarette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    How long did you go with Insanity? I have the same issue, I started doing it but then got lazy and stopped after the end of the 2nd week :P

Insanity is amazing and it targets fat all around your body so it is perfect. BUT if you want something.... simpler? you can try either going to the gym or buying an Elliptical trainer machine, that machine is amazing and you'd burn up to 850 calories every 60 min (close to Shaun T).

I did it for less than 3 weeks and was inconsistent too. I think I barely lost any weight (which troubled me) but I did notice a little change in my physique.
  • Autumngolds
    Autumngolds Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My personal favourite is Fitness Blender. I love that they have new workouts every few days, and they have a huge difficulty range from low to high impact, so I've been able to stay with them a long time even though my weight and fitness level have changed a lot. If you stop exercising for a while you can jump right back in with something a bit easier, and work back up again. I love those workouts. :)
  • 7L551
    7L551 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I did it for less than 3 weeks and was inconsistent too. I think I barely lost any weight (which troubled me) but I did notice a little change in my physique.

hmm, I c. well it also depends on your diet and calorie deficit.... any idea about the average calorie amount that you eat daily?
    Also try your best to stay away from sugars, if you feel like eating a chocolate ever while and then then do it, but make sure that it fits on your grid.

If you don't wanna go to the gym or buy an Cardio machine then stick with Insanity, it is the best most tool-free workout that you can find out there.
    This time though, do your best to follow all the instructions that Shaun-T tells you, try your best to make sure that your heart rate is high BUT not too high in a risky way, drink lots of water (atleast 9 cups) and most importantly watch what you are eating.
    If you want the easier meal to eat after a workout just go for 1-2 chicken breast and a medium Salad with or without a topping (I usually go with 1/2 fat Caesar salad sauce) do this and you will eventually lose weight like no tomorrow.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    After the trip, I slacked off. :(

Which shows that there are plenty of workouts much better than Insanity. Namely ones you won't want to skip even though you're on holiday or continue as soon as you get back from holiday.

The likes of Insanity and P90X are the exercise equivalent to crash dieting. I cannot see many people doing these kinds of routines well into their senior years. I do know lots of people who did that stuff and stopped. And reverted to their previous habits.

So, I'd look at doing something that you can do until the point when you forget what a calorie is or you forget to put on clothes before going out. ;)

Examples: gymnastics, tennis, walking, jogging, running, yoga, tai chi, strength training. :)

Edit: mind you, I've just found a thread on their site with a couple of 50+ trying Insanity... they do complain about sore knees etc... which is no different to old people doing other sports I suppose?