Hello Everyone

Options
I'm new here! My goal is to gain muscle mass, ive been thin as long as I can remember. I hope this program can help me achieve my goals. I've been so confused about diets and I've gone in endless cycles with no results. So I must be doing something wrong. Anyway, I hope everyone here achieves their goals! :)

Replies

• ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    You are not doing anything wrong! :) Just think positive and eat less and work out more. That will surely gain muscle! Also eating fruits are good for muscle build up as well. :3
  • JenLakersFan
    JenLakersFan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    hit the weights hard
    eat at a healthy surplass ~ lots of protein
    use a mass builder as your protein shake
    be patient ~ you are just reaching the age where your body will start to fill out

good luck :)
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm new here! My goal is to gain muscle mass, ive been thin as long as I can remember. I hope this program can help me achieve my goals. I've been so confused about diets and I've gone in endless cycles with no results. So I must be doing something wrong. Anyway, I hope everyone here achieves their goals! :)

Hi, I am still learning here, but am pretty sure you would have to have a surplus in calories to gain weight/muscle. Healthy calories. Have you posted in the fitness section on this? There are plenty of people on MFP who have experience regarding who could help.
  • tottie06
    Options
    hit the weights hard
    be patient ~ you are just reaching the age where your body will start to fill out

This poster is right! As you get older, you naturally fill out. In fact, 99% of the guys I know that were thin during their 20's, had to start watching their weight by their mid-30's. For instance, someone I know who is around 6 foot @ 160lbs went to 220 by age 35. Metabolism slows down for most of us.
  • Coledition
    Options
    hit the weights hard

This poster is right! As you get older, you naturally fill out. In fact, 99% of the guys I know that were thin during their 20's, had to start watching their weight by their mid-30's. For instance, someone I know who is around 6 foot @ 160lbs went to 220 by age 35. Metabolism slows down for most of us.

Well thanks it makes me feel better, because my current weight at 155 lbs is low for my height at 6'4".
  • tottie06
    Options
    hit the weights hard

Well thanks it makes me feel better, because my current weight at 155 lbs is low for my height at 6'4".

Well, I know that plenty of protein, healthy carbs/healthy fats, and heavy lifting will get results. (Don't leave out the fruits/veggies ect as they help with staying healthy & balanced.)
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Try reposting as a gaining muscle topic.. You may find thats a better place to get some helpfull advice from the guys here who have experienced something similar.