Whats been going on with me

Options
james6998
james6998 Posts: 743 Member
For a lot of people I was always posting, reading living on the board. Lately after hurting my elbow lifting I had to keep my distance as I found it was causing a bit of depression reading like always. Don't get me wrong its totally normal for someone with a long history of lifting to get depressed when he/she is taken out of the game. I have been trying to recover now for 1 month. Not sure how long its going to take but I do know that I have to back track quite a bit. Been there before i can do it again. Still taking this recovery time to work on cutting up a bit more. When I do return it will not be with the guys i was working out with before I got hurt. They are all a bit too hardcore for me as well as being 10 years younger. I will go back to training smart and not go so heavy on the weights as I was. Personally I hate my body right now. Muscle shrinks very quickly in appearance and I do not like it at all. I know i will recover fully and end up even better off in the long run. Still love all you guys and didn't forget about you. Just have to get though this and I will be back stronger then ever.

:heart:

Replies

• farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I can relate to your dilemma. When you work out to the extent that you were...it became a part of your everyday life and your identity. Sounds like you are on the right track to recreating what makes you who are by modifying your routine. You'll get back in there and be stronger both mentally and physically for it. Hope you heal fast!
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Shrinkage... no one likes that.

But you know it comes back quickly and easily, compared to building it the first time.

Reference Casey Viator in the Colorado Experiment. (63lbs in a month, yikes)

Speaking of, when I looked up the above, I learned he just died. Of a heart attack. Wtf.:noway:
  • sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    nice to hear from you James. Glad the recovery is coming along.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    nice to hear from you James. Glad the recovery is coming along.

Thanks man, very nice back pic you got there in your profile. Nice size/def. Looks like things are going well for you.
  • sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    So far so good. I'm happy with where my lifting is at and am now trying to get the diet side of things dialed in to help with performance. So far so good with that too. I am quickly becoming a fan of carb backloading, it works really really well with my lifestyle (i.e. having to lift at 5:30AM...)