Chinese

Options
I have two events this month at Chinese restaurants, whats the low calorie/healthy option to order?

Replies

• angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I usually get shrimp and veggies. You can normally order them with half or no sauce too.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Avoid anything fried. Moo Shu is a good option. Don't add the Hoisin Sauce or eat the pancakes. This is a dry cooked option. Pepper Steak, Moo Goo Guy Pan, etc all have gravy which is chicken broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, salt, MSG and corn starch. Chicken & Broccoli is also an option, there is little, if any gravy there. Hope this helps.
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Chicken/beef with broccoli or prawns with snow peas and brown rice... i eat this once a week at least. Idk where you are but not many places use msg here anymore and i ask for low sodium soy. Sizzling rice soup is good, too... sometimes i have that as my meal.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Two events? I wouldn't worry too much about it. I normally just get a little of everything I like. I'm seriously addicted to veggie spring rolls.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I get steamed chicken and veggies and make sure they know no oil. They usually have a healthy eating menu at the restaraunts. You could also try shrimp and veggies as well.
  • rachelemily_xo
    Options
    thanks guys!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,645 Member
    Options
    Avoid the fried starters like spring rolls and fill up with a wonton or egg drop soup instead. For a main, beef with broccoli, or ma po tofu, or prawns stir fried with veg as others have suggested. Avoid sweet and sour or lemon chicken which is battered and deep fried.