Cauliflower Mash

Options
This makes as a perfect side to any dish :)! Serves 6 and is only 60 calories per serving!

Ingredients
Pinch of salt and pepper
Head Cauliflower
3/4 Cup of low fat cottage cheese
Parsley (optional)

1. Cut cauliflower into small florets, Steam the cauliflower for 20 minutes.
2. Blend the cauliflower, then add the cottage cheese blend again.
3. Serve and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Season with parsley (Optional)

Enjoy

Replies

• spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    We have this all the time, nutmeg works a treat as well as a fresh chilli (i know it sounds odd)
  • jwcomputergirl
    jwcomputergirl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I've made a version of this for a few years and bring it to Thanksgiving. roasted garlic, a head of cauliflower and a tablespoon of low fat cream cheese. plus salt is my favorite. Add a touch of butter for the whole head adds minimal calories and a bit of decadence. I've also found that the food processor does it best.
  • xDestinii
    Options
    :)
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I add butter, cream and cream cheese to mine. So delicious.
  • sunshinenstars
    sunshinenstars Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Equina
    Equina Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    search Paula Deene (sp?) (I know, I know) her recipe for mashed cauliflower is GREAT and believe it or not...low cal. Calls for chicken broth and low fat sour cream.. I use fat free myself and it is sooooo goood. Lots of black pepper is great too.
  • Equina
    Equina Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    search Paula Deene (sp?) (I know, I know) her recipe for mashed cauliflower is GREAT and believe it or not...low cal. Calls for chicken broth and low fat sour cream.. I use fat free myself and it is sooooo goood. Lots of black pepper is great too.