Failing! HELP!

Options
I just did a 3 day detox. Felt great, looked better. Then today I binged again. Really bad- fry plus copious amounts of sweet stuff. I mean I feel ill...Have I just ruined my tough detox due to emotional stupidity? Please help x really wanted my detox to kickstart my weight loss and healthy eating :(

Replies

• LaLa482
    LaLa482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just did a 3 day detox. Felt great, looked better. Then today I binged again. Really bad- fry plus copious amounts of sweet stuff. I mean I feel ill...Have I just ruined my tough detox due to emotional stupidity? Please help x really wanted my detox to kickstart my weight loss and healthy eating :(

No you didn't. You probably wasted time doing it in the first place regardless of the binge in the aftermath.

Consider not detoxing (whatever that means) and finding a long term sustainable solution. For example, learn what your body needs on a daily basis and create a calorie deficit, start working out, or cut out high calorie fried foods. Whatever works for your body. If you go through success stories on the community boards you'll notice most if not almost all people who have been successful long-term took a more rational approach. Good luck to you! :)
  • mirreybirrey101
    mirreybirrey101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did a juice and tea detox!Thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it! :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Detoxes are hogwash. Stop doing them and try losing weight normally and healthily.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    What was the purpose of the detox? What did you expect to be the 'success' condition?

You finished your detox. Your body was starving. You lost control and ate.

Today is the day you will start counting your calories, turning in a modest deficit, and beginning to be moderate with your intake and your habits with respect to food.

Extremes in either direction are dangerous.

You can lose the weight.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about detoxes. You didn't ruin anything. Follow MFP the way it is designed and the rest will fall into place. Once you get good at sticking to a calorie deficit, check out your nutrition.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I just did a 3 day detox.

That's what your liver and kidneys are for.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Detoxes are rubbish, if you eat mostly healthy, your body is perfectly capable of doing it by itself.
    If you've had a crappy day and overate, just take a deep breath, think about why it happened (stressed, undereating, boredom?) and try to fix it the next day.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    The detox probably just made you very, very hungry. That's one reason folks tend to be against them.

You live and learn :) But you certainly didn't fail! Just look to more moderate ideas, lol.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    What was the purpose of the detox? What did you expect to be the 'success' condition?

You finished your detox. Your body was starving. You lost control and ate.

Today is the day you will start counting your calories, turning in a modest deficit, and beginning to be moderate with your intake and your habits with respect to food.

Extremes in either direction are dangerous.

You can lose the weight.
    this
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Starved yourself for 3 days then binged? Surprising.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. The detox is completely unnecessary, and it sounds like you didn't enjoy doing it.

You don't need a detox.

All you need to do is eat at a moderate calorie deficit and find exercise that you enjoy doing. Just follow the MFP program as designed and work on making healthier choices. If you want lasting success, you have to build lasting habits. It may take longer than you want, but it is worth it in the long run. Don't make it harder or more complicated than it needs to be. :smile: