Fat fingers?

Options
ashlee954
ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
Ok, so I started my weight loss at 147 lbs. I am 5'7.5". I was hardly overweight. My goal was more to get into better shape and tone up a bit. After losing 14 lbs none of my rings fit anymore. And it's not like they are a little loose. They went from quite fitted to falling straight off my finger. I know our bodies choose to lose the fat where they want and where it is the most necessary but my fingers? Really? LOL!

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Me too! my rings are loose.
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Most likely it was water retention in your hands and fingers. Many people also find that their shoes no longer fit after some weight loss for the same reason.
  • Gizmo52
    Options
    I'm looking forward to losing the weight in the hands and feet. I have my Mom's Wedding and Engagement rings that she gave me prior to her passing. They now fit on my pinkie but I so want to put them on my ring finger on the right hand some time in the future. That's my goal - but must find a chain that I can put them on to go around my neck so that when I start losing the weight in the hands I don't lose them.
  • casonyamc
    Options
    Tristallin, I hope this happens to my feet during my weight loss process. I have big feet to be a woman and I always wondered if there was a such thing as losing weight in the feet. I guess it is!
  • toddkras
    Options
    It's happened to my watch. I have a metal band and now it just spins around my wrist and slides half way up to my elbow. What a pain! :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    When I started working out after I had my second baby last April I noticed I did lose a fair amount from my feet. I never had problems with them swelling during pregnancy but they did get a tiny bit puffy. I was thrilled when I was able to fit into my pre-pregnancy shoes! But my hands are still a little puffy. I can wear my wedding rings but they are more snug than I'd like. I'm sure once I lose a little more they'll be better.
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    A lot of people hold their water-weight in their hands... When I consume too much sodium my hands swell and my rings are tighter. Although, weight loss is a good reason to have smaller fingers, also count the goodness of less water retention. :bigsmile:
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    I've been married 10 years (this year), and I can rarely wear my wedding/engagement rings anymore because I can literally shake them off my hand! I'm not ready to "jump the gun" and get them resized tho...figure that eventually they'll fit again. On the bright side...I'm thinner and fitter than I was when married 10 years ago!! :-)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few I can wear on another finger now. Those that I wore on my right hand ring finger I can now wear on my left middle finger. At least if I flip someone the "bird" its pretty now.:laugh:
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few I can wear on another finger now. Those that I wore on my right hand ring finger I can now wear on my left middle finger. At least if I flip someone the "bird" its pretty now.:laugh:

Hilarious! :bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I've been married 10 years (this year), and I can rarely wear my wedding/engagement rings anymore because I can literally shake them off my hand! I'm not ready to "jump the gun" and get them resized tho...figure that eventually they'll fit again. On the bright side...I'm thinner and fitter than I was when married 10 years ago!! :-)

Size them! That's the jewelry equivalent of keeping around the "fat" jeans, just in case. You have the power to make sure you never go back to the former size...

You can do it!

I just sized my wedding ring down from an 8 to a 6.75!!! I'm so much happier knowing I won't lose my ring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!