Does MFP work abroad on iPhone

Options
Hi All,
I'll be home in South Africa for a whole month over Xmas and it's actually scaring me quite a bit. Are you able to use MFP on your iPhone without internet connection?
x

Replies

• amyv1983
    amyv1983 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your app will work on your Phone without internet connection it just won't update to your online profile until there is an internet conncection available. You can still log your food, activity and weight though. I hope this helps
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    does your library over there have internet. Oh and I love your profile name it is too cute.
  • Gershwyn
    Options
    From the FAQ:

Can I access MyFitnessPal from my iPhone or iPod Touch when I’m not connected to the internet?

Yes, you can. When your iPhone or iPod Touch does not have internet access, you will still have access to a substantial database of foods and exercises. However, any changes you make to your food or exercise diary while offline will not appear on the website until you have an internet connection available and can synchronize those changes
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I live in Japan and I use my iPhone all the time with MFP, it will synchronize whenever you are near an open WiFi connection, well as long as the app is running.

Cheers!
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yes, I live in Costa Rica and it works well with no connection. Once you have wifi, it'll update your stuff. The thing I can't do on my iPhone is access this site as I do Facebook. I haven't found the app, just the on to track my progress, but nothing social...
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Yes, I live in Costa Rica and it works well with no connection. Once you have wifi, it'll update your stuff. The thing I can't do on my iPhone is access this site as I do Facebook. I haven't found the app, just the on to track my progress, but nothing social...

I just use the web browser Safari and I can browse the site no problem.

Cheers!
  • PlatinumPiggy
    Options
    Thanks guys xxxx