As good a day as any...

Options
Hi, I'm Elli. I hope I'll be a regular, but we'll see how it goes. I do plan to be regular with the blog, even if nobody is reading. Not sure that the day after Halloween was the best day to get started, but when is there ever a "right" day? I weighed in today at an all-time, non-pregnant, high of 191.6. I want to weigh 135. Wish me luck!

Looking forward to getting to know others here. :)

Elli

Replies

• lovelylinz
    Options
    goodluck!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    The best of luck to you!!! You can do this!! : )
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This is ABSOLUTELY as good a day as any to get started on the right track!! Welcome to MFP! :-) I joined this site August 13th very close to your starting weight. (mine was actually 194) Since then I've lost 20 lbs and counting! Once you see how easy this site it, how AMAZING the people here are for support, and how the pounds WILL come off - it will totally help motivate you to keep on going! Good for you for taking that first step! Best of luck on your healthy journey!! :-)
  • TaraHullinger
    Options
    Good Luck, Elli!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You CAN make this happen. Your goal is very reasonable! I lost my goal of 40 pounds in 8 months with a starting point of an all time high for myself as well (181) and I am older than you. Good luck to yoU!
  • tenoclockbird
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes! I have successfully NOT eaten any Halloween Candy since my post. One hour at a time, right?
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    Welcome!!! Good luck with your journey we can all do this together. :smile:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes! I have successfully NOT eaten any Halloween Candy since my post. One hour at a time, right?
    Some days it's more like one minute.
  • tenoclockbird
    Options
    You are so right! And way to go on the smioking, too! I quit 2.5 years ago. Because I did that, I know I can do this.