Will Focus T25 be too hard for me?

Options
I will be 49 in December. I think I'm in pretty good shape but I have 40 lbs that I need to get rid of. I'm asthmatic (all my life) but that only interfered with my exercising when I tried jogging. Wow was that hard on my breathing.

I have been going back and forth about purchasing this workout as I am afraid it may be too hard. I cannot do insanity because of how fast it is. I'm more of a low impact aerobic person. Bikes, elliptical, treadmill. I like kickboxing but there really isn't much jumping in there. I can't do lunges due to bad knees but I can do squats, many many squats. Weights are my favorite.

Anyway, I'm looking for your opinion on this workout.

Thank you in advance :smile:

Replies

• rolemodel69
    Options
    Good question, you have to do a lot of squats and lunges in T25 at a good pace. It is kinda similar to Insanity but with a smaller pace but it will get your heart rate to the roof.

I would say, try it out ! If you are not able to do it for any reason, you can send it back using the 30 days money back guarantee.

There are non plyo modified moves for every exercices so if you have bad knees, you will always have a modified move that you can use.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have about 80+ to lose, I did it for 6 weeks before I got flu which threw me off track. I did feel like puking the first 3 nights lol after that was better. There is a modifier, I did that and managed to lose 12lbs in the first 3 weeks. It is about quality of the movements that you do and for me, it works and is worth it. About to start it all over again now and can't wait!
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    As long as you are eating sensibly and working out, the weight will come off.
  • goodntentions
    goodntentions Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There is a person in each workout who modifies each exercise to make it lower impact.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Don't forget, exercise is supposed to be challenging. Obviously if you've got bad knees you are going to want to go low impacts, but keep up the intensity still, pushing yourself is how you improve.
    I say go for it :) if you really really can't because of your knees or whatever then you can send it back
  • pammyiam
    pammyiam Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 49 and have been doing it for 2 weeks now. I am modified. I look at at as baby steps--building my strength so that I can get better and better. I have 40+ pounds to lose. 25 minutes is perfect for me right now and it's actually very do-able.
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses.

I am going to buy it for my daughter for Christmas and borrow it :bigsmile:

My knees are fine, they just hurt after exercising, lunges are the worst, they used to be my favorite.