ANYONE USING IIFYM (COUNTING MACROS)? LOOKING TO ADD FRIENDS

simplyjia
simplyjia Posts: 26 Member
Was wondering if anyone is using the IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) while using Myfitnesspal?

I am considering using this method of planning my meals and wanted to know if anyone has had success? There's a group on here for it but no one really posts anything. :huh: Looking to add people for additional motivation so that we can figure this thing out together!:smile::flowerforyou: .

Being that I am 5 ft (4'11" and 3/4 to be exact :blushing: ), a female, and trying to lose weight, I'm supposedly forced to eat only 1,290 calories a day?! -- Currently working out with Insanity and some outside drills + gym as well. I mix it up but mainly workout with Insanity at the moment.

Hopefully someone can help...:sad:

Replies

• newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    I don't use the IIFYM as a rule but I will consider it sometimes when contemplating if I should eat a certain thing, or not. The reason I don't use it specifically is this. I feel that I can eat MORE nutrient dense food than trying to fit something not quite so healthy into my daily meal plan. Example: my lunch today is a huge salad (all made by me) with romaine lettuce, green leafy lettuce, spinach, tomato & cucumber salad, cherry tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, carrot slaw, apple cider vinegar with organic spicy mustard dressing and (2) servings of oven baked wild caught salmon. All that is less than 400 calories (can't recall the exact macro ratios). I never could figure out how make my macro ratios balance unless I eat real food. Every now and then I want wine or ice cream and I'll plan on that and try to make them fit but it also means I have to give up something else so that it will fit or I just splurge and go over my macros. My point being, I can eat so much more if I eat real food instead of trying to make not so real "food" fit.

You can add me if you'd like. My diary is open to friends. Sometimes I'm more active on here than others.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    I'm on IIFYM. I largely eat healthily but allow myself fairly regular frappuccinos and ice creams... If they fit my macros.

Honestly, I was introduced to IIFYM in January and I've never found weight loss easier. I lift lots of weights and do regular cardio, but I'm never hungry (at least not for long) and nothing is verboten.
  • simplyjia
    Thanks so much for this! Sorry for the late response! Adding you :smile:
  • simplyjia
    I'm on IIFYM. I largely eat healthily but allow myself fairly regular frappuccinos and ice creams... If they fit my macros.

Honestly, I was introduced to IIFYM in January and I've never found weight loss easier. I lift lots of weights and do regular cardio, but I'm never hungry (at least not for long) and nothing is verboten.

So wondering if the fact that I'm mainly doing cardio (Insanity) as my exercise if this method would work.
  • simplyjia

Thanks! Yes, this is the group I mentioned.
  • immarungirl
    immarungirl Posts: 35 Member
    Simplyjia I am also a shortie (4'10" on a good day - LOL) my goal weight is the same. I am been wanting to try macro way of eating and today decided to put in my nutritional goals of a 40/40/20. My caloric consumption is only 1200 a day :/.

Did you try the macro way of eating?