Keep "Logged in for X Days" counter going while traveling

Options
I'll be traveling overseas soon and while I still plan to check into MFP whenever possible, I might miss a day if I'm in an area without cell coverage.

I've thought about running a script on my computer left at home to have it check in periodically but I haven't looked into it too much yet.

Has anyone found a good technical way to keep the "...Logged in for X Days" when you couldn't physically connect?

Thanks!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    What is so important about x days that you would try to fool MFP that you are on it, even when not? Why not if you miss a day, "gasp" miss the day.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    probably has amassed a nice XX days logged in streak and doesn't want to lose it ( just my guess)

OP- check for wifi would be my option, I found no other way when I traveled. just hooked in opened and closed it then went on my travel.
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help! I did find an option in my browser to reload the page every 1 1/2 hours.
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Good question! My MFP friends are great about congratulating my on 5 days, 10 days or whatever. Part of my concern is not having them go through that again. Basically, I feel guilty.

If I could just turn off the counter, I'd be fine with that as well.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I think there might be someithng in the "Automatic Newsfeed Update Settings" where you can turn off those notifications and stop them from showing up in your newsfeed if you're interested in that.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    If I could just turn off the counter, I'd be fine with that as well.

You can. Go to settings > Automatic News Feed Update Settings > uncheck I have logged in for several days in a row

Now they wont see how many days you have (or have not logged in)
  • lynntfuzz
    lynntfuzz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That happened to me. I had a nice streak going and then traveled east and was in a different time zone. I logged in just after midnight to log my day's activities (although it was much earlier in my time zone at home) and lost my streak! I was so bummed that I slunked off and stopped calorie counting and have since gained 20 pounds. I kid you not. LOL. Stupidity at it's best. I'm still trying to recover and it has been 1.5 years!!!!!! Darned streak. LOL. But in all honesty, my resolve was starting to fade, because I wasn't logging my meals immediately after eating them. So while I like to blame the streak and time zone thing, we all know who is to blame here. Enough rambling.