Body media arm bands?

Options
Has or is anyone using one?
What are your thoughts about it? How do like or dislike it? How does it compare to other armbands?

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I had one in 2009. I wore it for a month or two then sold it and put my name on the waiting list for a Fitbit, which suits me much better. It does the same thing but discretely, in my opinion, and without the monthly fee.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Love it. Would only consider switching to the Amiigo (if'n'when it ever becomes available, for real...not just to investors.)
    because it's waterproof and can be used while swimming. But it would be hard to leave my Fit. It really helps keep me on track. I'm not embarrassed about wearing it where people can see it, like some people claim to be. If people have eyes to see it, then they can also see that I am overweight. If they ask me about it, then I explain what it is and how I use it. THEN they can also see that I am doing something, using all the tools at my disposal, to make positive changes in my life. Highly recommend...TWO thumbs up!
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I started using the body media armband with link during the summer. I wanted to know exactly how many calories I was burning and what workouts were the most effective. It also syncs with mfp app to track food so i had my calories burned and calories eaten right on my iPhone. I have nothing else to compare it to but I have no complaints. Plus I felt like if I had the confidence to wear this thing in public at the gym it kind of added a level of credibility to what I was doing and helped keep me accountable.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Love it.
    Best personal investment I've made in myself to date, other than the gym. :)
  • janicebinva
    janicebinva Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like mine a lot. I don't mind the monthly fee. It's great for things like telling you your real calorie burn, and whether you slept well the night before. However, I am much happier with the food logging functionality of this site than I am with the food diary site that you get access to with BodyMedia. MyFitnessPal has a much better database of foods already submitted.
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love mine as well, my ONLY complaint is that I didn't buy the Link so it would sync to my phone automatically. Laptop at home died, haven't been able to get another one yet, so I use the one at work. Means I don't get to see my info over the weekend which sucks. :/
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Link and wish I would've bought it earlier in my journey than I did. I've had it since July and would be lost without it at this point.
  • hmc4
    hmc4 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have the Link, after having the old non bluetooth version a couple years back. I really love the link. Like others, I wish there was not a monthly fee for something that is already so expensive up front.
    However, I like seeing exactly what I have done for the day on my iPhone, and that knowledge makes me get up and move my butt when I need to.
    Also, I typically try to wear shirts that cover it when in public - as an overweight woman, I shy away from sleeveless anyway, so this isn't much of an issue. And I have had people notice it - I tell them honestly what it is, and why I am using it.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I wanted to know exactly how many calories I was burning

There have been a couple comments like this. These things just supply another estimate based on population averages. It's a better one than going without an activity monitor, but it's still just an estimate based on what the average person your height/weight/age/gender burns per minute while moving like your device suggests you're moving.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Not true. It actually takes a bit of time to "learn" you. Yes, there is a 10% margin of error but it's much more accurate than using gym equipment or other online calculators.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since the end of June and I love it. I barely realize it's there anymore, and it was actually really weird to go without it the day of my brother's wedding. It really helps me a lot.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Anybody else having trouble getting the activity manager to come up today? Haven't been able to get on all day!
    :sad: