Water Weight

Options
My question is: what percentage of our body is supposed to be water? I quite drinking Pepsi (NOT EASY...lol) and drink water only. I'm drinking about 8 cups a day and I feel like I could float. :wink:

Replies

• sallyLunn
    Options
    You will get used to it. Great job cutting out the soda. That's like an automatic weight loss bonus.
  • Jess814
    Options
    I know how you feel, I quit drinking Diet Coke; I'm not sure how much; but, drinking water will help you lose weight a whole hell of a lot faster. It helped me! I feel like it takes a way a lot of bloating, that's just me, though. :)
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body fat percentage. The more obese you are the less your body water percentage is in your body. It is typically 30-70%. 70 for the people with a healthy BMI. I drink 10-15 glasses of water per day. I find it helps flush out any water I am retaining. I feel bloated when I DON'T drink enough water. :)
  • Jennweav
    Options
    Depends on your body fat percentage. The more obese you are the less your body water percentage is in your body. It is typically 30-70%. 70 for the people with a healthy BMI. I drink 10-15 glasses of water per day. I find it helps flush out any water I am retaining. I feel bloated when I DON'T drink enough water. :)

Thanks everyone, I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. I'm at 55% water, so I guess that's a good thing.
  • brieski24
    Options
    The total body water percentage for women should be around 51%, this might seem like a lot, but lean muscle mass contains 75% water, body fat contains 25% water, bone 22%. For men, total body water percentage should be about 55%.

In addition to this:

Body fat percentage is important to monitor..

For women:

Ages 20-40-- 21-33% (healthy)
    41-60-- 23-35%
    61-80-- 34-26%

Anything under these percentages is too little body fat, and anything over is considered overweight, and of course, anything that is extremely over these values is considered obese. Usually, anything over 39% body fat is considered obese.

Hope this helps.
  • KristenAnnJones
    KristenAnnJones Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try Vitamin B Complex. Helps your body get rid of extra water!
  • Jennweav
    Options
    The total body water percentage for women should be around 51%, this might seem like a lot, but lean muscle mass contains 75% water, body fat contains 25% water, bone 22%. For men, total body water percentage should be about 55%.

In addition to this:

Body fat percentage is important to monitor..

For women:

Ages 20-40-- 21-33% (healthy)
    41-60-- 23-35%
    61-80-- 34-26%

Anything under these percentages is too little body fat, and anything over is considered overweight, and of course, anything that is extremely over these values is considered obese. Usually, anything over 39% body fat is considered obese.

Hope this helps.

I'm writing this down. THANKS:bigsmile: